Benavente VV trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by cheezewiz, Sep 25, 2004.

1. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Fellers, I'm down to one bass and its makin' me kind of nervous... I have no idea why. I thought I'd toss this out to see if anyone is interested, and if not, I'll certainly have NO problem holding on to this bass.

I have a Benavente Vintage Vortex 5 . It's a monster bass. It has a maple/wenge neck with a maple board. The neck is wide and very flat. It fits my hand very comfortably. The body is Alder
    with a nice yellowed/white finish. (My daughter calls it my banana bass). It has DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups, and a Benavente 3 band preamp. It has a tortiseshell guard and a black guard, and comes in a very HEAVY
    tweed case. The tweed is separating from the case a bit, but its still in fine condition, and protects very well.

I'd be willing to entertain offers of two mid level basses for this Bene.

Basses or equipment I'm interested in are:

Stingray 5
    Stingray 4
    Ric 4001/4003
    Fender J Bass (any but MIM) ( I especially like 62 and 75 RI)
    Fender P Bass (also no MIM)
    Any variety of Lakland Skyline
    G&L L2500 or L2000

Most finishes on the basses are no problems, although I especially like white and burst. I'm mainly interested in the above basses, but feel free to run other ideas by me.

I'd consider one of the above basses plus cash

Im looking for a total value of $1500 or so, about what the Bene is worth.

Again, if no one is interested, that's absolutely fine. I just thought I'd offer up the bass in the same kind of deal I obtained it in.

I can post pics in a day or two, but for a brief glimpse...its pic is over on my avatar.
  2. KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
  3. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Just a quick plug here. I have virtually the same bass. Only difference is the finish. Seriously, this is an awesome bass. The neck may sound a bit daunting (especially since it's 35" scale), but I think I'm more comfortable on it than on my fender 34" four string. Buy this bass! You won't regret it. :)
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    PM's recieved guys. I just have a second now so I'll get back to everyone tonight or tomorrow! THANKS!