Bench Press @ 48

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Highpines, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Sorry, but I used that quote on the tittle from a previous post here but now I understand!....I have been playing thru a Kickback 15 since I was called back to play again after a couple of years doing "Home Studio" stuff and decided to upgrade to a "Head and Cab" rig to add some ooomph and low's to the band...Well, 3 things show'ed up at my doorstep today a....."Hartke 215Xl" and a "Hartke HA3500" and a "Hartke Bass Attack Peddle".....:)..:)...Man. I love buying myself stuff!!!....Long story short......I bought the 215XL on ebay at half the price of new and NO CASTERS (which were in the pictures)...AAAAggghhh... At around 110 lbs this thing with the HA 3500 is INSANE!.....
    And now I also understand abuut (Age :)... (WEIGHT) not mine the cab :)...and gett'n this thing into (clubs and practice).
    Once again.....I guess I never knew what I was missing untile I got the the "Big Rig" !(for me anyway) This thing blows me away, of course, it's my first cab and amp!....Sorry to ramble but my "Bell Bottoms" are still blowing in the wind.....:),,,,,,,,,I love this place....
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    sounds cool............yeah, i knew you were referencing that quote as soon as i saw the thread title .thats one of the funniest yet true things i've heard on tb.
    congrats on the rig. there is something satisfying about a 2x15 huh? a few things. i just learned from another thread that the hartke 3500 is prone to some vibration induced damage and lots of players reccomend isolating it fom the cab with foam or something. Casters are cheap if you want to install them yourself. i would seriously consider getting a collapsable hand truck by a good co like ruxxac or cart-a-bag. I had a 2x15 for years. took it up stairs by myself. have the discs to prove it. :eek:

amp moving stuff
  3. Thanx.....The guy on ebay said he would ship the casters for $10.00 ..That said, could you explain why you prefer a folding hand truck (yep, Lowes for $39) over casters. Also I'm thinking that with the cabinate off the floor on casters it would affect the sound ? What do you think?........Thanx
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    depends on what you're rolling around to an extent. I've used hand trucks and items with casters. hand trucks generally win hands down.

as far as contact with the floor goes, that's a loaded topic with opinions coming from all over the field. having the cab right on the floor can end up with the cab "coupling" with the floor, resulting in more low end. depending on the room this can sound really really great, or it can be a nightmare.
  5. Thanks again.....ya know good casters arn't cheap, you can spend $20 apiece on them so I think I'll send the $10 shipping to the guy and have the casters sent (looked like they were the locking ones to). Then I'll try both way's. About the cab being on the floor you brought up a good point.......once in awhile we used to play at an old blues bar that had a wooden stage and floor (it was the first club I played at with a P.A and sound guy) and when we started to play the stage vibrated so much I thought my knees were gonna give out, does that make sense? real weird feeling. I can see possibly with this 215XL on that type of stage either losing everything or sounding boomy as hell..............Thanx for your imput, you guy's are a great help here