Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bend it like Beckham

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JMX, Mar 20, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I finally saw this movie at my sister's (she's a soccer nut and a da*n good soccer player herself).
    Usually I hate sports films, but I really liked this one, and the girls looked real on the field, although they only had up to 10 weeks for preparation.

So check it out when it hits theaters in the U.S.

It really motivated me to dust of those ol' soccer shoes for some fun in the park when spring comes. :D

2. hmm..

maybe I should check out that movie since I have it on my computer.

:bassist:

3. What was funny, was that it came out here just when Beckham broke his foot :D

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea,

i heard it was hilarious. my friend actually loves all those southern asian / brit movies. he says they rock all over the bollywood movies. ;)

5. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    It's getting a release in the States? That's a surprise...

6. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    March 13th, "in selected theaters", whatever that means.

7. Woah we got a movie in Aus before it came out in US.

I feel a wind of change here:D

That movie is pretty funny but also quite sad esp. as I used to work in and indian rest. and know that they actually live like that and have those expectations of their daughters.

8. It is called FOOTBALL .

9. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Of course, I just didn't want people to confuse this with "the other football game", the one you don't use your feet in. ;) :p

Naturally the game is called Fußball. :D

10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'm eager to see it; from what I've heard of it on radio and read of it in the newspapers, it seems pretty good.

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Real as opposed to what... puppets?!? :D

EDIT: Look at that, post number 3k!

12. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Soccer-players, as opposed to actresses trying to make it look like they're playing soccer.

13. Spielt mit dem fuss, ja?

(sorry, that's probably appalling German and I have no sharfs-S or whatever it's called on my American keyboard!! Hey, at least I tried!)