1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Benevente DCD 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tlockett, Nov 25, 2017.

1. tlockett

tlockett Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    Strings:
    Benavente DCD - 6 Custom
    Bridge spacing as measured with a caliper - 18mm
    Body - Mahogany with a walnut top
    Neck - is walnut/maple with a rosewood board
    Scale - 33”
    Weight - 9.8 lbs according to my old school mailing scale
    Hipshot tuners and bridge
    Aguilar obp3 preamp - controls are stacked volume/master tone/bass/mid/treble/kill switch and a mid selector switch,and A/P switch
    Brass nut
    The slap ramp appears to be Wenge and looks like it was added after it was built.
    How it plays -
    The neck is thin, super fast and super comfortable. The frets are in great shape and it sounds nice and even across the entire board. String to string the bass is really even in tone and feel which I was not expecting. The tone from this bass is just about wherever you want it to be. Want to lay back in the mix, it does that. Want to punch through the mix, it does that. Want a stellar slap tone, it does that. Want that jaco sound, it does that too. Want super fast and articulate fingerstyle, it does that. Maybe a nice thick round sound, yep it does that too.
    For bonus points it comes in at 9.8 lbs and that is pretty light for a 6 string. It comes with a nice gig bag. The 33” scale with an 18mm bridge really seems to balance out the normally uncomfortable feel of a 6 string. The string spacing is wide enough that you don’t trip over the other strings and because the neck is then and scale length is a hair shorter it feels more like a 5 string. The action is low but fully adjustable if you prefer higher. No neck dive either.
    Cosmetically the bass is good but not perfect. There are some scratches on the bottom of the bass that I have tried to picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. MordBass

MordBass

Nov 1, 2017
    Midwest
    bump for the best looking Benevente I've ever seen. If I werent in need of a fretless and loving my current fretted.. I'd be all over this.

tlockett likes this.
  3. onebassplayer5

onebassplayer5 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Beautiful bass. Why are you selling it?

4. tlockett

Mar 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I'm selling because I prefer 34" scale, the 33" is totally awesome, but when I go back to my 34" Fender it is a weird adjustment for me...I'm having a new 34" built

5. tlockett

Mar 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Thank you all for looking, I've decided to keep it...
    Cheers

Jerry Twyford likes this.