Benevente on "Bachelorette"!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teacherguy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    So I'm watching this show with the wife and there's Vanessa Williams singing to Jen and Fabrice(?) at the Cotton Club.

Who's on bass behind Vanessa? Al Caldwell on his Benevente 9 string hollowbody. Way cool!!

Anyone else see it? It's okay to admit watching the show guys(isn't it?) :bag:

2. flyyakker

Dec 24, 2004
    I just made that same comment to my wife. Of course she didn't know what I was talking about.
  3. I have several wide-necked 6 strings around the house so larger necks are not out of the ordinary, but when I pointed it out to my wife she said, "Oh my god, look at that monster."
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think my mom was watching it. Ill just Tivo it.

5. OK...OK...I'm not going to even GO there... :ninja:

I'm tempted...but I'm not going there

BTW...the Batchelorette is on AGAIN??? We get this stuff delayed here in Australia (sometimes by several weeks)
  6. My girlfriend made me watch it, and she commented on how big the fretboard was. Neat looking bass though.
  7. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Heh... I thought you were talking about the Trip Shakespeare tune!

(sorry for the obscure reference)
  8. I saw it and immediately thought, ... man, that looks like that bass Al Caldwell has ( the third pickup or split P that sticks up under the lowest strings was what I remembered).

Then I thought "way to go Al"

BTW What is it like to work with Vanessa Williams?
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Wait till she sees the Adler 12... :eek:

10. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

My wife was controlling the TV and forcing me to watch that drivel while I played my Rick. I wasn't even looking when the Vanessa Williams part came on. Just my luck -- I missed the only good part of the show! :spit: :(
  11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I think Brian Barret has that Vanessa Williams video clip posted in a thread here on Talkbass. Sure is Al Caldwell. What a GREAT player!
  12. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    If someone finds the clip lemme know!
  13. jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    We have five TVs in our house, if you want to watch that crap do it somewhere other than the family room. :spit: