Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benjamin Strange - can u help?! Mesa/Boogie cab with 15, 4x8's & 3horns?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cetera, Feb 17, 2005.

1. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Someone here in the UK has a Mesa/Boogie bass cab which he says is approx 5 years old, rated at 800w at (he believes) 8ohms and the speaker configuration is a 15" in the middle with 4x8" around it and 3 horns (One at top middle and one either side of the 15"). :eek:

Anyone got a pic of one of these, know anything about it or can tell me if it's any good or not?! From the description it sounds wonderful!! :hyper:

Thanks! I need to know asap as it will sell quickly if I don't get there first!! :help: :hyper: :bassist:

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Sounds to me like you're referring to the Powerhouse Jr, as silky said. The only horn is on the top; those are ports on the left and right said, and it's a 12" in the middle, not a 15".
    [​IMG]

4. that must be the one.
    one 12" in the middle surrounded by four 8"
    300w @ 8 ohm?

ah you were too fast.

5. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I thought that they made a model that had a 15 and 4 10's - huge thing and weighed a ton! I only saw one of thm years ago and was more into the SWR sound at the time. Since then I've definatly changed my taste in sound. (Not a bash, just a preference!)

Dan K.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Dan's right. If it is a 15" in the middle, then it is four 10"s in the corners and it is a Powerhouse 1000, not a Powerhouse Jr. I see your current set up includes a Diesel series 2x15. IMO, that paired with a Powerhouse Jr. would be pretty much the ultimate set-up. I've considered selling one of these to find a 2x15, but since those are pretty scarce in this area, and powerhouse Jrs are pretty scarce in any area, I think my best bet is to just hold out to find the 2x15. As standalones, the Jrs. are pretty good cabs. They don't handle too much in the lower registers if you're playing with an octaver, but not alot of cabs will. The 12" takes a low B on a 5 just fine, and the 8s provide a really tight punch. Oh, and yes, the Jrs are 300w @ 8ohm.

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate your help... it must be the 4x8"s with the 12" I think... I'll try and check it out as it would surely sound awesome with my 2x15! :bassist: :D