Benz Genz ML 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sir Gilles, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Hi guys,
    My instrument is a Ibanez BTB 6 strings.

I finally realized that in order to obtain the full spectrum of notes off a 6 strings bass you need an amp that is compatible with active pickups.
    I was about to add an 10 keys equalizer to a Peavey centurion 200 on my former bass head on a Peavey Bass cabinet, BW equipped with 1-15" and 2-10".

My problem was low frequencies like the E and B strings sounded great. But if I would go up to the C and F string, sound was no longer present kinda mute and no sustain.
    Besides using a BOSS Compressor/Expander it helped but still not 100%.
    Obviously I will never go back to old school bass amps as I know better now to "update and upgrade" myself, since I moved out of the "passive" pickups of once...

Any suggestions or comments to help my dilemma ? The Benz Genz will be tried out on my next play in a few days and will re-post my impressions of this new amp which I am splitting the audio signal between the built in speakers and the Peavey Cabinet.
    The Century Amp is gone, sold... traded it against the Benz Genz.,

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022