1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Berg AE410 is overkill... now what?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by renniw, Oct 23, 2010.

1. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    Last year I got myself a LMIII with a bergantino AE410.

While the sound is great, it's way too much for my needs (since I've bought the kit, the band I was in disbanded, and I got my second child, so music got pushed back a bit...)

Now, I play once is a while with a few guys but it seem I barely open the volume on the LMIII and the bass drowns everybody...

I'm also looking to more portability...

Can anyone point me to a 1*12 cab that would sound like my 410 if it exist?

I'm not looking for volume, I know I will loose some, but sound quality and voicing.

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I've got a Hughes & Kettner 200 watt 15" combo that would be perfect for you~ I'll trade my rig for yours.:D

3. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Or you may just want to try the Bergantino EX112ER~

4. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    Berg AE112?

5. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    Why a 112? Why not a 210? Still quieter than a 410, but able to get loud enough if you need it?

6. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    Oh yea, he makes an AE210. Cool.

And you could stack it with the 410 for a modular 610 . .. although it sounds like that's not in the OPs immediate needs.

7. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    I agree go with HT112ER or AE112.. :)

8. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    There is no way you can replace a 410 with a smaller cab and expect all of the same characteristics, but either the Bergantino AE210 or HT112ER will get you into the same general tonal space and still leave you with a pretty full sound. If portability is really the priority then go with the AE112 - not quite as full sounding as the other two, but very light, very good sounding in it's own right, and you can always crank the lows a bit on your LMIII.

The Epifani UL112 II is also a pretty decent match tonally with the LMIII.

9. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    If money is no object, order one of Duke's Thunderchild cabs. Kjung is absolutely giddy about it, and thinks it could get louder than any 210 and even some 212's.

10. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    Thanks for the response guys. I'll look in the Epifani, I have a dealer nearby (he's the one who also sold me the berg.... may be able to do some kind of trade....)

11. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Yeah, good suggestion there. Never heard one myself (hope to change that eventually) but the buzz has been pretty positive.

12. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Berg AE210 all the way. Really loud with my LM3