1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Berg AE410 with Tube Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alexander, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I've recently started playing an Ampeg SVT 2Pro through a Berg NV412 and it absoltuely kills for that new vintage, "tube amp through a big sealed cab" vibe. I'm very happy to be back in the Berg family, to say the least and am considering getting a Berg AE410 for some added versatility and portability when needed. I'm wondering how the AE410 would sound with the SVT - I've heard that cab described as tight with good upper mid presence, which sounds like an awesome match. Would be nice to have the ported cab\tweeter available when needed.

And though I don't mind lugging the SVT, our practice space is down a flight of long, narrow stairs and the portable option would be nice.

Thoughts?

2. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    To my ears, the Berg is what SWR wishes it was. :D It's lean and mean sounding, with a tight bottom with upper mids than can be pushed into grind mode easily. I got to try the AE410 with all tranny and tube pre/tranny power heads. I'd love to try it with an all tube head. I'm sure it would rock my world.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i tried my sadowsky sa200 w/ an ae410, and thought it sounded meh. just felt pillowy and diffuse vs. the ironclad lows of the hs410, and the bodyblow lower mids of the sadowsky sa410.

4. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks, Joker - interesting observations. Would love to try a Sadowsky 410 with it sometime. I'm in no rush to run out and buy another cab, I guess...