Berg HT112 and EX112 Hookup Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Little survey here.
    Rig: Demeter VTBP01s-QSC/PLX2402-Berg HT112 and EX112. Lakland 4-94 Deluxe Bartolini's Maple neck, set at 500hz.

How do you hook yours up?
    Parallel one cab per channel. 8ohm each side.
    Parallel two cabs in channel 1 daisey chained. 4ohm
    Bridged -4ohm daisey chained

I tried all of these combinations and so far I like the parallel daisey chained hook up. Gives a 4ohm load on channel 1. Seems to be the deepest and cleanest. I just can't get my set-up to sound good in the popular Bridged Mode.... The lower notes alway sound muddy no matter how I tweak it.

Trying it tonight, please respond asap. thanks
  2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Big String....are you using the right kind of Speakons for the bridged mode?
  3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I use a Ultra Wally with mine 2 outputs one into each cab.

4. Hiya Jerry
    Yep, thanks for checking though.
    Bannana connector-red ch1 +, black Ch2 +
  5. Andrew, sounds great. Never tried a Wally.

Jerry, so you upgraded to the 3002 I see from your profile. Still have the 2402?

Seriously, I don't know which is the best way to run my rig. I know it's all what sounds good to me.

Let's see..
    using one channel two cabs - 8ohm 300w x2 = 600w @4ohms pulls 700w from amp

using two channels - 8ohms 300w = 425w per channel.

If I did the figuring right the parallel hookup using two channels should be slightly more power. ??

I know the Bergs are rated for a lot more power, but like I said I just don't hear any advantage to bridge mode. More head room is not making any real difference to me. I must be doing something wrong. :rolleyes:
  6. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm not a big fan of bridge mode......I always run parallel or stereo. I still have the's my "small" rig amp now:D
  7. Jer,
    do you ever run two 8ohm cabs and if you do, do you hook them up together or one per channel?
    I think I know the answer. Just curious.

Andrew or anyone, does Walter Woods have website? I sure can't find it. I thought I had something bookmarked but I guess not...
  8. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a few 8ohm cabs......and when I run them, it's usually one per side. I've been using poweramps a long time.....goes back to my bi-amp days. I once blew a channel on one of my amps during a gig, and was able to finish the gig with the other channel no problem;)
  9. boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    To answer the above Q...No, Walter Woods does not have a website.