1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Berg HT115+EX112 vs GB NeoX 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockern, Sep 25, 2008.

1. So, I just found myself in an awkward position and have to make up my mind quickly.
    For the moment I have got a LMII head and a Berg EX112 cab. Today I decided to order a GB NeoX 212. Later today I got a messege from a guy selling a Berg HT115. So nbow my question is which to choose.

Cancell the Genz Benz and go for a EX112+HT115 stack.

or

Get the GB 212 and have a nice lightweight set up.

Has anyone here heard both these set ups (maybe a litte much to hope for)? I want as much opinions as possible so just tell me all you know.

Thanks

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I've not heard that Berg stack, but it will be heavier and harder to move. The NeoX 212 will be either 50 lbs or 57 lbs depending on which model it is. Hard to beat that. It has a tight, punchy low end, not a big woofy one, and it cuts well in a mix without being nasal at all. I think the two are pretty different from each other, so it would be more a matter of which tone you are after.

3. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Believe me, the Berg 115 was in the US & not Sweeden, I would gladly buy it. I guess you got my answer to your situation.

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Can't go wrong with either, but the HT/EX stack is not hard or any harder to move and it KICKS with the LMII.

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    I would PM tombowlus -- he has all those cabs.
    I'd suggest letting him (&/or us) know what type of tone you like and music you play.

I haven't heard the specific HT115/EX112 pairing or any NeoX cabs yet so I couldn't comment.

6. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I had that combo.
    Sounds great..........but the 12 seemed a bit more sensitive.
    I missed the punch of tens, so changed the EX112 for an HT210S and love the combo much better.
    I think the HT115 is a great fit under many 10inch loaded cabs

7. I gigged with the LMII and the GB for a little while. It was BANGING!! The warm lows of the LM mixed with the articulation of the NEOX212 sounded like a match made in heaven. Im just a GB fan though, so I sold it for a shuttle.

8. I forgot to write what I'm after tonewise.
    I really like that "middy" cutting tone, but I'd like to be able to dial in some boomy low end as well.

9. Actually it's not in Sweden, it's in the UK and it would cost 100£ (!) to ship so I went for the GB, which will hopefully arrive early next week. Thanks for all the input anyway.