Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BERG HT322, how much wattage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacove, May 13, 2004.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be safe to bridge my QSC plx3400 (3400 w) into the Bergantino HT322.

Jacob ;)

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Try e-mailing Jim and ask him on that.. His customer service is outstanding.. I was recently using a PLX-2402 bridged and it worked fine, but after his recommendation of trying a Crest CA-9, what a difference.. The Crest does have more wattage and the HT-322 handles it just fine...

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I bridge my PLX 2402 into an HT210. I usually turn it up half way... :bassist: Just be sure you have a preamp that is capable of driving the 3402.

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Im all for haveing more power but if it were me, I wouldnt do it. I would end up blowing the cab. If your smart about it you will probably be fine. I use a 3402 into two 322s @ 1100 watts a side and run it cranked and have no problems. Ive also ran 1600 and 2400 watts into a 322 with no problems. JFYI When powering the 322 the difference between 550 watts and 1100 watts was alot bigger than the difference between 1100 watts and 1600 watts in a live setting.

5. venturawest

venturawest

Apr 29, 2004
    amen to that. i recently acquired an HT-322 and jim personally emailed me within 24 hours of sending him a note.

he mentioned that you can safely use a 2450 in bridged mode with plenty of extra headroom, safely (i use a qsc 1450). i wouldn't crank it up to 100% volume, but i think you'll be good to go.

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I would probably do it, but if you do, be VERY careful.
    We are talking 3400WRms + dynamic headroom.

I would run it with reduced gain setting on the 3402; where depends on the output level of the preamp you use, how loud you play, and your EQ settings.

Watch the level lights on the power amp and listen carefully to the cab.

If you do a lot of slapping or heavy, loud, low playing, it would be better to just use one side of the amp instead of bridging it (as always, never allow clipping either way -- use the clip limiter).

It is better to be safe than sorry, if you have any doubts.