Berg HT322 or Ampeg PR410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Biker4Him, Apr 4, 2003.

1. I play mostly metal, with some occasional contemporary Christian, and praise & worship. Currently using an Ampeg PR-410HLF after my Mesa/Boogie M-Pulse 600 and Roscoe Lg-3005.

Many have told me I would love the Bergantino 322 over my PR410. I'm in OKlahoma, and there's no place to try one out. I can get one sent to me to try if I pay the shipping.

Can anyone help me out? Has anyone put these two cab's up against each other?

2. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I don't know how to compare the two.

All I know is that pr-410hlf (1200wtts Pgm.) kick major butt onstage. For metal I'd stick with that.

But that my opinion.
    Check if Berg retailers have a return policy and check them out if you want to really hear the difference.
  3. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Im in OKC also. Try Norman music and ask for Chris he is a good guy, thats where I bought my berg 2-12.
  4. or worst case scenario, come to Dallas and go to Larry Morgan Music. Ask for Marcus.
  5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Two completely different sounding cabs. If you like the Ampeg sound, especially for metal, I'm not sure you'd dig the "cleanliness" of the Bergantino. OTOH, you've got that Roscoe and a pretty good amp so you may well go for it. You really need to try one, unfortunately.
  7. Bergantinos rule!!!!! All types of music
  8. Well, thanks for the input.
    Especially Adrian, since it's not him I was going to buy from. (although I bet his opinion is a little bit biased, and that's a GOOD thing). I'm going to be in Vegas next month, maybe I can come see your shop.

Thanks to all!!