Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

berg ht322 pricing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vooch311, Jan 4, 2006.

1. vooch311

vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    Hi all
    Just curious as i have never seen in a store or played bergantino. There are no decent music stores around these parts. lol.
    Is $625 for a well used, but good condition ht322, a good price? I have narrowed it down to that or an epifani ul410 from reading all the great posts on this site. At that price it seems like i should go for it.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I just bought a used HT-322 and I payed more than that for it (I'm not complaining, it's like new). So yes, I think $625 is a good price for one in decent shape.

This might get me in trouble, but the HT-322 could be the best cab I've played. It has full tone throughout its range, lots of bottom if you ask for it.

3. vooch311

vooch311

Aug 28, 2001
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok thanks Munji, thought it sounded like a deal.
    Went ahead and bought it, cant wait to hear it! :hyper:

10,000 posts. Daaaayyymn!

4. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    You will be thrilled.

BTW, a couple of clowns on here have 20,000+ posts. I think I'm only number 7 or 8.

5. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    So it'll beat a Goliath III huh? Last time I went to play one it wasn't hooked up and seeing as no longer have the cash to buy one I didn't bother any of the guys with it.

And yes, $625 is an excellent price (based on all his other cabinets I've played).

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Incredible cab, and a pretty darn good price. I'd say go for it.

I agree with Munji. This is a big time cab, for sure. The only thing I've noticed about the HT322 (and my IP322) is that if you are standing really close to it (like 5 feet) on a small stage (or for any other reason), you need to take off the rear casters and tilt it up so that you hear all the high end.

Tom.

7. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Don't mean to highjack the post but how is the new IP322? I'm waiting for my local dealer to get one of the new IPs... Do I need to upgrade??

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    The IP322 will in all likelihood not be offered as a production cab (mine is a prototype), but the IP112, IP310 and IP212 should be hitting dealers now.

As for whether or not you need to upgrade, I would say just go listen to them when you get a chance. But don't forget the Beano, because I do promise you a severe case of GAS! :D

Tom.

9. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I headed to Bass Emporium in Austin to hear the new 310. I heard that there will probably not be a 322 at all... He's going back to the 310. I have a 310 now and I am really curious to see if the gain would be substantial enough to justify the extra expense. I'm thinking of getting a Crest CA or QSC power amp to use with the 310. I have always liked the 310 but never felt I had enough volume. Really want to see how much difference a 1000 watt amp designed for a specfic speaker can make

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    IMHO, the IP310 does somewhat render the IP322 redundant. The IP310 is so close to the IP322 that my guess is most people would prefer to save the 15 lbs and get the more compact size. And, as for comparisons to the HT310, I always loved the quick, clear sound of the HT310, but while its low end was articulate, it was not quite as full as I like, especially on the low B. All these concerns are no more with the IP310. The lows are plenty full (though not overbearing) and a low B is very forceful, even at low volumes.

Did you hear one yet?

Tom.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    pretty accurate of the nature of the posts, too ;)

12. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    You are SO harsh.

13. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Jae and I combined are less than 20,000 posts, and I feel strangely pleased about that... :ninja: