Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Berg HT322 with Eden WT-400???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thewanderer24, May 29, 2003.

1. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I have an Eden WT-400 head, that I like a whole lot, but am looking to change cabs. Everything I have heard about the Bergantino HT322 has me intrigued and gassing.

Has anyone here tried this head/cab combo?? Any reasons why it wouldn't be a good idea?

Thanks all

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    IMHO....I don't think the Eden has the juice to make the Bergie really open up.

3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I don't know how much power the WT400 has, but I am using an Ashdown ABM500 EVO (575W a@ 4 ohms) into the 4 ohm Bergantino 322 and I never feel underpowered. I played probably the largest local resort venue last weekend and I had my main set at half and my input signal knob at 9 o'clock. I had power to spare and it is PUNCHY too.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    a little underpowered but i'm sure it would sound wonderful

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    dont wanna put a damper on your parade, but when i had my WT400, i didnt particularly like how it sounded with my old Bergie HT112.

mids were a little harsh, and that glossy Bergie sound seemed to get pushed aside by the Eden's more aggressive and growlier sound.

of all the amps i've tried, the Eden and Bergie didnt really jive with my ears.

sorry... :(

but Eden and Eden gear to me sounds incredible! and yet, there too, i dont like how they sound with other componenets, i.e. eden cabs with another manufacturer's head, and vice versa.