Berg NV 610, Glockenklang head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dan Knowlton, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Well, I have had the chance to play through a new-to-me Berg NV610 but have not had the chance to really turn it up. Really punchy sound with both the Brase and 535, but not with the harshness that I have had with a tweeter in the past (not with the Epifani, other cabs). So far, this is a keeper - great sound that grows on you.

I was a bit worried about loading it into and out of my truck but that is not a problem. The handles and the configuration makes it pretty easy, even though it is not a light cab.

Anyway, thanks to John at Bass Alone - as usual he gave me a good deal!

Dan K.
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You have some amazing stuff there my friend.
  3. Dan Knowlton

Yeah, I have a LOT of support from my wife - she paid for half of the Brase and bought me a 55-94 as a surprise. No, I won't give her up - for a lot more reasons than those! Now, if I could just get good enough to justify my gear!

It is nice to not have to depend on music to pay the bills - I'm a Finance Director in local government. It gives me the ability to say "no" to whatever I don't feel enthusiastic about. I still play out at least once per week.

BTW, I got some comments about me getting a smokin' deal and Bergs having a sales agreement for the lowest price. This is a USED cab, but is in pristine condition. John does keep to his selling agreements- he's one of the good guys. I'd prefer to get a good deal from an honest seller with after sales support than a great deal from someone else.

Better stop there before I piss some people off!

Dan K.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yeah, the NV610 is a bit of a bear to lug around, but it's not as bulky or heavy as other 6x10 cabs, and not *nearly* as bad as its larger cousin, the Ampeg 8x10!
  5. Dan Knowlton

Based on the sound I really don't think that the NV and the Ampeg are even related. I MUCH prefer the NV's low end and quick response. With an Ampeg I feel like I'm driving a Edsel junker (sorry Ampeg fans, to each his own!) and with the NV I'm back in my Tundra.

Dan K.
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Oh man, I much prefer the Berg for tone, too! But to be fair, Berg NV and Ampeg 8x10 are related in that they're both sealed box cabs, and have a noticeably different sound than modern ported and tweetered cabs.
  7. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yup! Been there... done that!

I'm seriously considering an NV610 to pair-up with my NV215. I would blow my Aguilar DB750 through them... :eek: :eek: Right now I pair-up an Eden D410XLT. It sounds damn awesome with the 215, but I'm thinking I'd be more satisfied having a pair of sealed Bergies carrying the load. There will always be a place for the 410...