1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Berg NV215 & 610...Eden/QSC or something else?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassguppy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Just picked up a Bergantino NV215 and NV610 and am running an Eden Nav and QSC PLX3002 (900w per side 4 ohms). Sounds fine and loud. But I feel that there is something missing as it's a little polite. Maybe it's the combo of the Eden and NV cabs.

I've tried a few tube heads at the local GC but never had the pleasure of trying the SVTII non-pro or Mesa 400/400+. Are there any other pre's I may want to consider to warm up the tone that goes well with the NV's?

I am open to both tube and ss as I can dig both for what they bring.

2. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    The only tube amp I've played through that combo (which is my basic big room rig) is my SVT. it is very far from polite with some mids dialed in.

I can seriously recommend an SVT non-Pro.

3. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    I'd recommend trying a Sansamp RPM preamp. They're cheap(er), and sound great with the NV cabs.

If you want to go the pedal route a Fulltone OCD or Aguilar ToneHammer in front of the Eden pre would add some nice dirt/snarl to your tone.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I second the SansAmp RPM. It's what I use in my rig (QSC PLX2402, nv610). The sweepable mid control really lets you dial in some cutting, grinding mids. The lack of a tweeter on the nv cabs is great for an overdriven sound, which the RPM can give you plenty of.

5. cripula

cripula

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    This is the only rig I've heard both cabs connected to. Polite - no. Monstrous - yes. :D

3020029557_3555dcfbd4.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Where the hell do you guys play, and do you carry your own gear? :)

7. RTL

RTL House Chicken Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Aguilar DB750!

Ridiculous power, enormous headroom, warm warm warm! Clean as you wanna be - plus, you can get the front end really nice and dirty by pumping the gain :)

8. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    +1

9. I have an itch to try a tube amp with this setup. But I also need something that does not need to be cranked to sound sweet. I was considering an SVT2PRO or SVT-CL where I may be able to dial in grit at a "reasonable" volume without having to crank.

Mostly, I am looking at volume levels between 10 and 12 o'clock but occasionally letting loose. The PLX 3002 is overkill loud but is great.

10. GK Fusion!

11. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I played a gig last night using my NV610 and NV215 with the Mesa 400+. Fabulous tone, like having your personal subwoofer onstage but full range with the 610 adding the punch. Plus noone complained about the volume on stage, it just fit in the onstage mix so well. Sounded great at low levels as well as cranked - and heaps of headroom there too.

12. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I'll third the RPM. Sounds great with the my CA9 driving the Bergs.

JR