Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Berg NV215 VS NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haujobb, Nov 21, 2005.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    What cab would be better for playing rock and heavy metal? I will be playing 5 and 6 string Ibanez bassists and plan to run it with an SVP-BSP and qQSC PLX series amp in the future. :bassist:

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I tried both, the 215 is great but I left with the 610. You could compromise and get a 425, or get a 215 AND 610 :p . Its more up to your personal prefernce.

4. It comes down to if you prefer the sound of 10's or 15's really . . .

5. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Give me a week, and I'll have both!... :D

6. The Berg 6 X10 is on my wish list for this christmas... Just hope Santa Claus ( my wife) reads my wish list... :D

7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Really!?! :eek:

Wouldn't mind sharing the stage with that rig, but I wouldn't want to be your roady! :D

8. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark

I don't know how much I'll be using them together, but it is nice to have both options depending on the venue and which bass you play.

9. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I think I'll go with the 610, based on the fact that I can get it for $1299 CAD in Toronto.

10. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    The NV610 is a wonderful cab, it has been my main cab for 2 years...It won't take you under the mix, but you will be able to cut through like nothing else. LOVE IT!

11. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    How do you think it would cut through a couple high-gain stacks and a loud drummer?

12. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Well, I have never heard a cab with better ability to cut through a dense mix, so my guess is that it will do it with ease....depends on your playing style, bass and amp ofcourse...but I have never had a gig where I couldn't cut through with the NV610...

13. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Right now I'm using a Yorky 400B, but plan to upgrade to the rig I mention either. If you don't me asking too many questions, how will the cab handle overdrives and effects? And how does it compare to the Ampeg 810 in your opinion? (I hear it compared to the 810 alot)

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    While I do appreciate the ability of the 610 to punch through a mix, personally, I prefer the NV215. The 215 has deeper lows, and higher mids/highs, and it sounds more balanced throughout its frequency range. I really think that it comes down to personal preference, and also to the tone/volume of the guitars that you need to compete with. I can see the NV610 or 425 working great for a lot of players. But for me, the NV215 is one of my all-time favorites.

Tom.

15. I'm planning on a NV215 audition in short time.
    I once owned a NV610 and enjoyed very much. I've always had a hard time loving 10" drivers.
    These are without a doubt the easiest BIG cab I've every had to move/lift with the exception of more than two stair climb.
    I'm hoping the throw-factor will meet my expectations, I'm confident I'll love the tones and punch.