Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Berg NV610, Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Where is the best place to get one of these precious gems? They would need to be able to ship it to Maryland and obviously, I'm interested in doing this as cheap as possible. What are most places selling these for?

Thanks!!!

2. Fuzzhead

Fuzzhead

Sep 26, 2005
    Australia
    Jim should just have completed a run, maybe the last for a while. You'll need to look around, maybe call Jim for info, 'cause they're hard to find. I'd suggest Bass Central, but who knows if they have any.
    EDit: $1029 is the standard price which I think is fixed.

3. You can get them from BassNW also.

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Try Juan Ortiz at Basses Electric & Acoustic.

5. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    got mine from guitarx in denver.

Highly reccomended!

6. Fuzzhead

Fuzzhead

Sep 26, 2005
    Australia
    Unless you live in Oz! GuitarX quoted me about $800+US for shipping
    vs $330 US @ Bass Central! So of course I went with bass Central and I'm very happy. :)

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    There is a dealers list on Jim's site, including at least one I know of on the east coast so shipping won't be a ton.....

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Jim keeps pretty good tabs on what dealers have what cabs in inventory, so a phone call to Mr. B is probably a great first step.

Tom.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Got mine from Corey (GIBSONGEEK) at RockCityGuitars!

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I second the idea of calling Jim. He's a SUPER friendly and informative guy.

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Picking mine up at RockCity with Zoomboy tomorrow morning at 11am!!:hyper:

12. Quadzilla

Thanks guys! I'll call around today to see what these guys can do for me in terms of pricing including shipping to MD. Fuzz, I'm about 30 min or so up the road. Nice to "see" a local-yocal on the boards here!!!

13. BERGantinos - Hmmmmm Good

14. Quadzilla

Just got off the phone w Rock City up in Mass (I'm in Maryland). Turns out that Joe @ Rock City grew up here in Maryland 3 miles up the rode from me and we know and played with many of the same people back then! STRANGE.....

15. Quadzilla

OMFG, I just pulled the trigger :eek: :crying: :confused: :meh: :) . Mixed emotions as I'll have to pay for it but the good news is the taxes will be here soon as well as a company bonus (first time in two years). So Rock City took care of me I think. They told me that the price was the same for Berg's everywhere as Jim locks em down ($1029) and shipping was $75. The big question is who needs some Aggie cabs in new condition???

16. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Congrats Quadzilla,
    That sounds right to me.
    Coming from a former Aggie 212 user (which IS an awesome cab), you're gonna love the Bergie(I've got the 425).

17. Quadzilla

Oh, It was Jim's (Bergatino's) last NV610 in stock (until he makes up more whenever that is)... Man, I feel lucky! Should sound SCHWEET with my Peavey Classic 400!

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You'll love the cab. I went from an Aggie 212 to an NV610, and difference in punch/presence is UNFRIGGINREAL. I always thought the Aggie was a nice cab, but I tell ya, at least for my tastes, it's
    "Behringer level" compared to the Berg.

19. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I would like to A/B it with my SWR. I have been thinking about changing amps.

20. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Congrats, Ours will be from the same run. I can't wait till tomorrow! I believe he only makes a half dozen or so at a time.