Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino 1-12 VS Aguilar GS 1-12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    The berg 1-12 I am referring to is the one with tweeter. And I am thinking of one with an one without against two Aguilar GS 1-12 cabs. I know how the aguilars sound but am wondering about the berg because it is a smaller cab over all. Please do not say epifani because they will not fit in my car. Only these two will.

Thanks

2. CkB_Cowboy

CkB_Cowboy

Nov 30, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I can't compare them (sorry) but I do have 2 Berg 1x12's and like them just fine! (see my sig)

IMO, by themselves they sound great, but don't have tons of bass. When you stack them, however, you get some nice subwoofer action. I'm guessing all 1x12 cabs are like this.

I only use just 1 cab if absolutely necessary.

- Cowboy

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    do a search. lots of info on either one of these. many written up by moi. ;)

cliff notes version:

the Aggie's are smoother, darker, with a complex sounding midrange.

the Berg's are glossier sounding. brighter to a degree, but has a certain glassie midrange quality that sounds almost tube like to me.

the Aggie's sound like the have more depth, as well as handle your low B better. but the Berg's have a much nicer detail, and a more articulate sound.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I like the clarity of the Berg's but jokerjkny is right. Try a search you will find a ton of info. Only problem is everyone is different and you will get a load of opinions. It really comes down to what works best for you.