Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Will one Bergantino 112 speaker cabinet work for jams with maybe two guitars, a keyboard and a drummer? We are just playing in the living room. The guitar players use 50 watt amps and I have the Ashdown MAG 400.

2. I've gig'd using my HT112 with a 250 watt amp. It was plenty loud. I was using big PA support but for just jamming I think it would be fine.

3. I definitely agree with Greybeard. Those little cabinets put out some serious sound, and they really handle the power too. Jim Bergantino told me not to baby mine when I got them, and I see why now!

P.S. Ashdown and Bergantino is the way to go! (IMO)

4. mine is due to arrive today. i plan on bridging a peavey GPS 1500 into it -- 1100W RMS at 8 Ohms. until i get a preamp, though, i will be using a peavey classic 400 -- a 400W all tube head that is physically twice as big and twice as heavy as the HT-112. i will be placing the HT-112 on top of the classic 400.

robb.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I agree with the above. I've used my HT112 on many gigs by itself from jazz sets in restaurants to small club dates with my classic rock band. I personally would want a bit more power, however. I find that Bergie cabs in general really open up with more wattage than is being discussed here. How much does the Ashdown put out into an 8 ohm load? I've never used less than an EA Iamp600 (about 450 into 8 ohms) but like even more as with my Woods Ultra. Still, you'll probably be fine for living room jamming with what you have as long as things don't get cranked.

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i use my HT112 with my QSC PLX 2402/Aggie DB659.

i bridge to mono with 1500 watts juicing the HT112.

talk about juicy tone!!!

f

7. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    My Ashdown puts out 200 watts into 8 ohms so I guess I'm going to be underpowering this cabinet. Hope it works well..

8. I've been powering mine with a 250 watt (8 ohms) EV Dynacord 7100. I've jammed with a relatively loud drummer and guitar and It hasn't clipped yet. I'm picking up an EX112 to go with the HT112 tonight. I'll probably power them with a Stewart 1.2. or something in that power range. I'm all for using big power but let's not got nuts with it.

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    sounds like a comment coming from someone with 250 watts.

:p

f

10. i swear we've talked about this before....

i am going to be calling Jim Bergantino tomorrow afternoon regarding powering the HT-112, but i am confident 700W RMS is a safe amount of power rating for one HT-112. in instrument amplification terms, that's a really big amp. in PA terms, it's a good size (which isn't a euphemism for small).

robb.

11. I'm running 575 watts RMS @ 4 ohms from my Ashdown into two EX 112s and it sounds very nice. I will agree that they do sound better as you turn them up, which is good, but I don't get the impression they are underpowered at all. You should be fine with what youve got, and you can always upgrade later if needed.

12. OH, YES

13. Well actually I've got several power amps lying around. QSC USA 1310 (2000 watts at 4 ohms) QSC USA 850 (1100 Watts at 4 ohms) QSC PLX 1202 (1200 watts at 4 ohms) Carvin DCM 1000 (1000 watts at 4 ohms) EV Dynacord 7100 (250 watts at 8 ohms ( won't bridge into 4 ohms)) and the best sounding and smallest amp I own is a Crown D-75 that is like 50 watts per channel into 4 ohms. ( I use for my studio monitors ) What I'm saying is that I could power my little Bergi with anything I wanted to. It seems plenty loud to me with as little as 250 watts.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

For a living room jam, you should be fine. If worse comes to worse, trim bass and boost mids... but honestly, I don't think it'll come to that.