Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bergantino 115 vs ht112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thetaxmiser, Dec 23, 2003.

1. thetaxmiser

thetaxmiser Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    For all of you who have both, can you contrast these 2 cabinets? I have an HT112 and am going to add a second bergantino and I'm deciding between another 12 and the 1-15 cab.

Does anyone gig with the 115 alone? I played through a EB B215m for a long time and I like the sound of a tight 15 cabinet. I have done a search and seen a lot of positive comments about using 2 HT112s together. Unfortunatly there are no stores in my neck of the woods where i can actually listen before buying.

Thanks for your input.

Bob

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    First I have to say that I dont like 15in speakers. But, The berg 15 in nice and tighter than alot of 10s that I have tried. The 112 on top of the 115 (put the 15 on its side, the 112 stacks great) has a nice rich sound that still cuts well. For my tastes the 115 over powered the 112 just a little, but for others this would be perfect. Ive recently used two 112s (over a year now) with 350-1100 watts against one or two marshall half stacks and they work great. They dont quite have the low end like the 115/112. I think it would come down to what type of sound you are after. BTW, I play 5 string basses.