1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bergantino 15" SUBS, Genz Benz 115B, Trace Elliot combo - Prices Reduced!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Fealach, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    See below for details.

(2) Bergantino subs: $375 ea, $725/pr

Genz Benz GB 115B: $ ON HOLD

Trace Elliot Boxer 65: $ SOLD

(2) Bergantino 1 X 15 Subs. Parallel 1/4 inputs, plus speakon. Physical dimensions of the HT322. Very good condition; there is some wear from use - for example, the carpeting has begun to "pill" but but there are no tears, dents, etc; they absolutely function wonderfully, and look good but not showroom new. Careful inspection suggests the grills have been repainted, they most likely were scratched from use and the previous owner had them "freshened up." I have had these in my home and my practice space, that's it; I bought them used a few years ago, I have never pushed them hard or put more than 150 watts into them.

Tremendous output, thunderous lows. Great for a PA, or as part of a bass rig, though you would probably want another cab to handle the highs, as these don't really have any.

Everything I know about them comes from TB members and Jim himself, mostly in this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194644&highlight=bergantino+subs

Jim B. says they are subs, made for someone about 4 years ago.

They appear identical to Tombowlus' Berg subs, which have 8 Ohm Eminence Omega Pro's, rated at 800w RMS.

As far as I can tell, these are crazy rare. Like every Bergantino I've come across, they are at the very least among the best at what they do.

These are not museum pieces, they do look used (not abused) and as such are more for the player who wants something awesome and rare than for the proprietor of Boutique Bass Museum. Considering this, I believe my asking price of $375 each, or both for $725, is reasonable. I hate to part with them, but having no job and at best an on-again-off-again "band" that will never leave the basement, I think it's best I move them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genz Benz GB 115B 15" bass cabinet. Single 15" speaker, ported, no tweeter. 200 Watts RMS, 8 Ohms. Excellent condition, only a slight case of the "carpeted cab fuzzies." Basically sounds like whatever goes into it, IMO does not color the tone like the Edens and Boogie cabs I have owned. Surprising amount of high end, very full range for a 15. Parallel 1/4 jacks.

Asking $105

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trace Elliot Boxer 65 65 watt bass combo, 12" speaker. Made in the UK, with a Celestion speaker. Used, obviously; the carpet covering has gotten slightly "fuzzy" and there are a couple spots on the back where where the sections of carpeting come together that the cabinet is visible (see pic). No rips, and the carpeting is not pulling off the cab; it doesn't look new, but not bad either.

If you're familiar with this model of amp you'll notice the back of this one is a little different than most. Clips and a velcro strip now securely hold the removeable power cord. The amp has a speaker out jack, and the speaker has a parallel in jack. This allows you to use the amp with a different speaker cabinet, use the speaker with a different amp, or add an external speaker cabinet. These features, though not stock, add tremendously to the usefulness and convenience of the amp. I ran the amp with a 200 watt 2X15 and it was pretty impressive for 65 watts - if you like what the manual calls that "grungy bass sound." Good sounding little amp, and surprisingly it does "grungy" really well. Manual can be found online, I do not have a printed copy but could burn the file to a CD if you want.

From the manual:

The Boxer features an FET (field effect transistor) input stage which produces a valve-like warmth, and when used with a bass with a high output level, can produce and soft overdrive effect akin to a mildly overdriven valve amplifier.

Equalisation (Bass, Mid, Mid shift, Treble)
    The three band EQ is of the passive variety and therefore all the controls have a certain level of interaction. The treble control in particular has an effect on the mid and bass when turned up high.
    The mid shift control shifts the frequency at which the mid control operates up by approximately one and a half octaves. This has the effect of a ‘mid shape’ as the lower mids are attenuated and upper mids are boosted when this button is depressed. Again this control and its effect are interactive with the setting of the bass and treble controls.

Master Volume
    This is the post-EQ main volume control for the amplifier. The amp should play ‘clean’ up until the volume control reaches about ‘7’ or ‘8’. Increasing the master volume beyond this point will probably start to produce power amp overdrive. The power output stage has been designed to ‘soft clip’ so that it can be taken well into output clipping with no damage resulting to the amplifier or loudspeaker.
    This will increase the overall subjective volume level, if you are prepared to use a ‘grungy’ bass sound (!)

Headphone socket
    Plugging a pair of headphones into this socket disconnects the internal loudspeaker and allows you to practise without disturbing the neighbours. It can also double as a ‘line output’ socket for connection to a larger power amp and loudspeaker (but we can’t promise that doing this won’t disturb the neighbours).

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Output power 65W rms @ 8 Ohm
    Loudspeaker Celestion 12” 8 Ohm
    Input impedance >470k?
    Sensitivity 77mV rms (-20dBu)
    Weight (kg) 17
    Height (mm) 480
    Depth (mm) 290
    Width (mm) 410

Asking $75; I can ship this one much easier than the big cabs, I have a box it will fit in and should just barely make USPS "Large Package" cutoff size. I haven't packet it yet, but just guessing at the packed weight I got a preliminary shipping estimate of $45 to California.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Located in Northeast CT near 395. I could drive a reasonable distance to meet, let's say Worcester MA, Smithfield RI or Manchester CT; farther than that I will need gas money but it may be possible to work something out. 100% Ebay feedback, 127 currently.

I'll ship, BUT for the big cabs buyer will have to pay for pro packing, to be sure the carrier's insurance covers any mishandling, PLUS of course the shipping fee itself. I looked into shipping one sub to TX, got a quote from a freight pack+ship company for $405; On UPS.com I entered dimensions and weight of an HT322 to TX and got just shy of $100 - that is not counting packing fees, or the fact that packing will increase size and weight and thus the shipping fee as well.

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Genz Benz 115B on hold.

3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Boxer sold.

4. PM sent on a berg :)

5. I might want the other...how big is it?

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    dimensions: 25-1/2"H x 22-3/4"W x 18"D

I can't accurately weight it at home; the 322 weighs 95 pounds, these feel like less than that.

7. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Everything is now either gone or on hold for local buyers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.