1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino 15in speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quindecima, Oct 28, 2018.

1. I am running a Bergantino 212 and am thinking about adding a Bergantino 115 but don't want to pop for the bucks unless its a good move and I don't have the option of trying one out. Has anybody done that and can comment on the change

2. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    Hmmm...which 212, and what is it lacking for your needs?

3. It's the HD212 and I am pushing it with a SVT450 but hopefully one of the bergantino amps soon and I am not sure anything is lacking i'm just wondering if it would be a gain or a push.

4. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    well, with the right amount of power for 2 cabs, adding a 15 will offer more cone area and thus move more air.
    Berg cabs generally do work well together, so there is some of the guess work removed right there.
    There is always the argument against mixing driver sizes that are so close (vs mixing a 6" mid driver with a 15), but its not a hard and fast rule (i.e. Mesa has suggested that its Subway 12 and 15 are a great combination).

The HD cabs are ported and the only Berg 115 I am aware of is the NV115, which is sealed. They COULD work well together, but its hard to know unless you listen with your needs in mind.

other than those comments, not sure what you really want to know.

good luck

5. This isn't really a need, I just thought that maybe a 15in. bass spkr. would add some to what I already have, which is pretty nice. I'll wait for one to show up at GC and try it out at home, if I don't like it I can always return it.

6. PartlyDave

PartlyDave

Dec 28, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I must say that I absolutely love the nv115 paired with an hd112 in most situations. Defined and not boomy.

7. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    I would say grab the new head first. You may find you no longer need the additional cab after adding the berg head. If you still want a bit more after that, I would grab a matching HD112 for a modular 3x12 setup. That would look and sound killer. Another note - I don’t believe your Ampeg will handle adding another cab as it is rated for only 4 ohms.

TAZ likes this.
  8. Usefull info here.