Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino 210 + 115 stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nightbass, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Calling all Bergy owners! Anyone using this combination? How flexible is it for tone --- do you use the 210 alone sometimes, or the 115 alone sometimes, as well as both together?

Is this stack as good as the Bergy 322?

Someone posted a pic of this particular combination and I can't find it...

Thanks!

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I just got the Berg 210 to use as a standalone and to pair with another (210 or 115) in the future. This is the sound Ive been looking for. I play upright and electric and it works great for both. My teacher is a gigging pro in town and he uses this configuration with acoustic and electric. Ive never heard hom play out but hes definitely into premium tone. He said he doesnt like the 115 as much as the 210 with the upright as a standalone. The pair he uses for big gigs and the 210 alone for smaller gigs. When I tried the Bergs I thought to myself that my days of looking at different brands of speakers are over! Ive found what I want! :D :bassist:

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I looked through a number of pages of Show Us Your Amps, but didn't find it.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I often use the HT115 and HT210 together. I also own the HT322, which is my single cab choice for most gigs. The attached pic is a recent one for an outdoor festival gig I'm doing with a country band. I set it up in my kitchen to check it out, etc.

[​IMG]

The 15/210 combination offers great clarity with extended range and a superb low end without sacrificing punch or tightness. They work very well together but sound best when powered by a LOT of ss watts, IME. The 322, by comparison, has many of the same qualities but is somewhat punchier if not quite as large of a sound (if you know what I mean). Again, lotsa watts--the way to go.

The HT series, in general, are my favorite cabs but they are definitely more modern sounding than a lot of brands on the market. That is, they are extremely clean, tight and articulate. The horns are the best I've heard to date. I really feel I'm hearing my basses with these cabs, which is one of my main goals in a rig.

As with all opinions, taste is subjective, YMMV, etc. etc.

5. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Sweet boogie! Do you ever use the 115 or 210 as a standalone? Im using the 210 and I want to get another 210 or a 115 to go with it. Bergs are awesome for sure...

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nope, I opt for the 322 when I just need one cab and in very small rooms, I take the HT112! :D

7. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I want one of those too! Berg rules IMO!

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I often use a Berg 210/115 stack. It's awesome... extremely flexible tone-wise, because what you put in is what you'll get out. I bring just the 2x10 to rehearsals and jams, and it keeps up just fine even though rehearsals are very loud. I brought the 2x10 to a jam session, and a guitarist asked if I was using an octaver. I said nope, that's just a five string bass through a good speaker cabinet.

As much as I love Bergs, I still haven't heard the 322 so I can't compare. However I'm thinking the 210/115 stack would have a similar combination of clarity, punch, and girth. If I were you I'd base the decision on convenience (2 cabs or 1?) rather than tone... that said, you could always contact Jim Bergantino and get opinions from The Man himself. Happy hunting!

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

And... jebus, boogie, that '58 P-bass of yours is about the nicest I've seen! What kind of neck profile does she have?

10. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    When I tried out berg cabs I went for the 322. I thought It was a little tighter and more seemless than the 210/15 (just a little). Its easier to say what cabs I havent tried or owned than to say wich ones I have (epi and ea) and to my ears the bergs are the best. When I went to look for another cab to add to the 322, for large and loud gigs, I tried them all out again and ended up with another 322. Gotta love love it!

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Pretty sweet C, Fuzz. Here's a shot of the back of the neck with all that checking!

[​IMG]

12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Boogie, sweet rig.;) And love the P, of course.

Which PLX are you running that rig with? and is the 210 the older 400 watt cab or the newer 500 watter? Just being nosy.

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    PLX1602. I've had the 210 for about a year now so imagine it's not the one redesigned for '03.

14. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Can I have your P Bass boogie? :( Sooo nice!

15. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sure, assuming I can have a good-size chunk of your savings! ;)

16. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY

I plan to use the HT210 as a standalone this weekend in a funk band (I will be driving it with a bridged RMX 2450 and a Demeter pre). There is a PA there, in case I can't keep up, but I'm going to see if it'll be enough on it's own.

I will update you on this after the weekend if anyone's interested.

-Aram

17. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Please do, Bro! That would be interesting.

Is your HT210 one of the newer 500 watt ones or the original 400 watt cabs?

18. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    boogie, thanks for the info.

Can I ask, are you running the set up bridged or running each cab on it's own side of the 1602?

19. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Funny you ask -- I had bought the original 400 watt version over a year ago, but ended up creasing a speaker because I had underpowered it (at least I think that's why it creased...)

Anyway, I shipped it back to Jim and he set it up with the newer drivers, and cleaned up the cab for me as well (new corners, cleaned the carpet).

So, I guess it's a referb of the older model...all I know is it sounds awesome. I will probably get a 115 to match it at some point.

Cheers,
    Aram

20. One noise.

"Boigyoingyoingyoingyoing"