Bergantino 212 with Mesa 400+ or similar stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Jul 31, 2002.

1. I needed to start my own post for this one to get a better response. Here goes.

I have a new Bergantino HT212 that I power with a Mesa Boogie 400+. I have noticed that I have to set it a bit higher than my other cabs. I know it requires lots of juice to ring it out, but I'm having a little problem cutting the mix on the last three gigs, two outside and one inside. My usual settings are Master 7, Pre on 3-4. Mids 3-4, Bass 4-5, Treb 3-4, no push/pulls engaged.

So, I'm asking for some opinions from players with similar equipment. Settings, cab position, etc. I know there is a lot of 400+ users or equivalent ALL TUBE Amps out there. I would say most 212 cabs are pretty close in most respects, some more "airy" than others. I liked the Berg the best and it sounds absolutely GREAT when I'm by myself.

I'm thinking the lack of hearing is maybe were I'm standing. I'm used to a 2x10 and 1x15 rig. I know the 12's probably need a little more time than the 10's to form the wave. The audience and my drummer are lovin' the sound I'm getting, but I'm not hearing it to well...
    thanks for your opinions.
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've found you need to crank the mids more on the 400+ or it's too "wooly." See my response to your other Bergie thread. BTW, the 400+ is a surprisingly touchy amp to small EQ adjustments. My setting were arrived at after extensive trial & error and numerous email back and forth with Mesa.