Bergantino 215 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inazone, Nov 26, 2003.

1. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Has anyone tried the Bergantino nv215 cab? How does it compare to the nv610 or the ht cabs? Thanks for the info.
  2. No help here.. I love the NV610 though.
    Mr. B told me the NV215 was similar to the 610 vintage-wise (tight, and dimensions) but would go lower. I imagine a NV610 + NV215 would leave me standing naked on stage... eeeeeuuuuuuu!
  3. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Bump. Just seeing if anyone has got a hold of one yet.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I must confess that I have failed you. I saw an NV215 at Rudy's Music in NYC on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I was extremely curious but didn't play it. My excuse is that I have a weakness for Bergantino cabs, and was very afraid that if I played it I would have to buy it. I'm sorry. :(
  5. tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Played it against an H322 with an Aguilar 750. I was underwhelmed BUT the 322 is such a good cab.

Had just been through the new Fender Pro 8x10 with a Fender 300 head and it was great. If only, I could lug the thing around...

It's all so subjective and as someone should be quick to point out - I was comparing apple and oranges!

But.....I have played one!
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You compared apples to oranges. :D

I know exactly what you mean, tubster. When I A/B my NV610 with my HT series cabs, the HT's sound more crisp and full, while the NV sounds 'lo-fi'. But when it comes to gigging, I've mostly been using my NV610 because it cuts right through the mix and growls like a mofo, even with a low B string.

I'm sure the NV215 sounds different than the NV610, but like its sister NV it's a tweeterless box so I think it'll also "fail" the A/B test with the HT cabs to many bassists' ears. But to me, the true test of a cabinet isn't in the showroom, it's on stage.

I still love my Berg HT's, but I mostly play old-school music and don't need tweeter 'ping'.
  7. "you are wise Master."
  8. Mr.Voo
    I hear Sweden is a ROCKIN'place! I would love to visit sometime.... Happy Holidays!
  9. thanx Big S!
    and have a nice holiday too!