Bergantino 322 vs Bergantino 2x10+1x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Nov 22, 2002.

1. I have quite a decision to make. I'm trying to decide between getting the two set ups in the thread. Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of each? (besides portability, thats obvious:p ) If it's any help, I'll be playing progressive rock mostly. I want a solid and full sound. And i'll be playing a Roscoe SKB3006 through it.

All feedback is appriciated greatly:D
  2. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I own the Bergantino 3-10 and it is easily the best cab that Ive owned. I think any of these would be good choices.
  3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Ive never tried one but I know the 210 part is exactly the same so the difference would be a 12 for the bottom or a 15 I would guess the 12 to be tighter and the 15 to fluffier.

Personally Id go for the 210, 15.Besides being easier to carry its more versitile cause you can break them up.

I think I'd also like the Fluffy low end more.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

boogiebass uses a Berg 210/115 stack, maybe he's also tried the HT322...

But I agree with Jeff, I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.
  5. Benavente

Aug 14, 2002
    I am currently using a Bergantino 322 and a 212 with a 1000 watts into each cab. Earth moving. I play in a hardcore band where bottom end is everything. I've experimented with running just the 322 and it definately can hold its own. Really good bottom and snappy highs. Hope this is helpful. I know that Jim Bergantino is making some of the finest sounding cabs I've heard and I don't beleive that you'll be unhappy either way you go.
  6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I agree with Benavente! You can't go wrong with either of those choices.....I have the 2/12 3/10 & HT112 and they are great cabs, but I've heard nothing but killer reviews about the 322.
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My regular medium-size room rig is the Bergie HT115 and HT210 driven by a Stewart 2.1/Demeter 201S. Pros? Just about everything. Tight, clean and full-range. Reasonably portable and the best sounding rig I've assembled to date. I use an SKB3006 (both fretted and fretless) quite regularly. Match made in heaven. Cons? None that I've run into yet unless you consider the fact that they don't give 'em away as a con. Never run a 322.
  8. after much deliberation, i've decided to go for the 2x10 + 1x15 combo. This way i can buy one and use it now, then add the other later. I'll go for the 115 first because i generally like the lows of the 1x15 and it has the tweeter so the highs will be good. I'm only worried a tad about the high mids (same prob i have with my peavey 1x15, they tend to sound not-full). Plus its alot easier to buy the 1x15 and start having a good sound for gigs now, then having to wait to make the extra cash for the 322.

9. my experience is that the 210 and 15 individually are voiced to be cleaner and flatter than the fray. The 322 clearly is indended for more of a rock sound. it is throaty and bold, whereas the 210 is a bit more midrange focused and articulate. To me, the 322 is perfection in brdging the gap of hi-fi and traditional.

JMHO. i am selling plasma and organs to get one, please email me if you need either of these ;)
  10. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    That's true. And that's also why they sound so good together: clean and articulate from top to bottom. As a side comment, I used both cabs last Friday in a large club with a huge stage and then brought out only the 2x10 on Saturday in a small restaurant/club. Really superb reproduction. I'm stone sold on Bergie cabs.
  11. Really, check out the HT-212 before you buy. ONe cab and earth shakin lows. Plenty of punch too. JMHO
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Now that I've had a few gigs with my HT212, I'll comment: the lows are simply unbelievable!! The B string on my blue-collar (passive, 34") Fender RB5 was just thunderous.

As for punch: that's more difficult for me to judge, because prior to this I was using a pair of SWR Goliath Juniors which have incredible punch. When I got the HT212 I worried that I would sacrifice punch for lows. To my ears, however, the HT212 has much better punch than larger diameter speakers I've used. I haven't yet had the chance to hear how it blends with the band from more than 20 feet away, but a guitarist friend out in the audience Saturday night gave it an unequivocal thumbs up: great lows, plenty of definition.

I still want to get a smaller Bergie cab for jams/rehearsals where the 212 would be overkill.
  13. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Hey Fretless,

take a short trip up I-95 to Rudy's music in Times Square. they just got in a sweeeeeeeet 322 and 2x10, 1x15 cabs.

of course, i can try and find time to do the dirty work for ya... ;):D
  14. yea man, i wish i could come up there. I don't have the time due to the fact that i have to convince the group to let me play with them again. How bout you go do it and tell me about it? Would it be too much trouble?:p :D
  15. Hey Fuzz, I was also taking a look at the 212. I really dig punch (which the roscoe is quite good at through almost anything) and i was thinking that the 212 would have a tad more punch than either the two cabs or the 322. It's comming down to a money deal right about now. The two cabs would cost more than either the 322 or the 212. I've also heard much about the 212 lows...though i'm kind of scared of what the b-string of doom would sound like through it:D
  16. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe... it'll be tortuous, but i'll see what i can do... ;)

seriously, things are a bit busy cause of the holiday, but i might have some time on Wednesday during lunch break. i'll see what i can do for ya.