Bergantino 6-10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I am thinking about selling my Bergantino 3-10 and my Bag-end 212 to get this cab. What is your opinions on this cab? My rig is a Kern 777 with a Crest LT 1500 power amp with a Fender RB 5. My style is classic rock and blues. Thanks for your help.
  2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder

No doubt!

If your wanting a classic Rock and Blues tone the 610 is the cab. Its totally been built for that exact tone and vibe.
    The Vintage 215 is getting ready or is ready to hit the streets as well. Like all Jim's work the 215 is sure to stir the waters!

I hope that wasn't to be a secret :D
  3. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    clasic rock? oooooh your gonna love the nv610. I traded in a swr 610 for mine (my all time favorite cab untill I bought bergy cabs). When I took in the swr I a/b the two cabs with a bunch of different basses. In the store and side by side it was hard to tell the difference between the two cabs except the swr had a clicky tweeter and when I turned the tweeter down they sounded about the same. btw, I like tweeters in my cabs. I had all ready owned other berg cabs and got the nv610 on faith that it would come through. I went strait from the store (a little nervous) strait to a gig that I have played alot of different cabs in. The difference was immediate! I played a five string modulus with bart pu and aguilar pre with an ebs head. The sound was very tight and so full at the same time. The cab really showed its true form in a live setting. I ran the amp at a lesser volume than with other cabs and was heard alot more. The band was a classic rock 3 piece and the cab really filled in the sound. Try one out, you will like this cab even if you choose to get a different one.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

All I can say is, I'm glad I didn't have to choose between my Berg HT series cabs (which include the HT310) and my NV610. The HT series cabs are clear, flat, and hi-fi. The NV610 is more of an old-school cab: no tweeter, serious warm punchy mids, especially well suited for traditional rock/blues bass.

The NV610 also has nice top and bottom. Frequency response isn't as high or low as the the HT series cabs, but it's not supposed to be. I play fivers, and they still sound great thru the 610. I also think it's a nice change to have treble coming through the speakers rather than a tweeter: provides for rich old-school bite rather than modern 'ping'.

I also play classic rock and blues (along with some R&B here and C&W there), and also use a Fender RB5 much of the time. For a pre I use either Alembic F2B or Ampeg SVP-Pro. Power amp is Stewart 2.1. So IMO your gear will sound great thru the NV610 providing its old-school tone is indeed what you're looking for.

The only reason I don't rave more is that the cabs you own right now also kick a$$! But IMO the NV610 is a better fit for the music I play. Right now I use it 25% of the time, and the only reason the pct is that low is because it's harder to move than my HT series cabs. Really, the only problem are the steps on my porch and sidewalk... if not for them, the 610 would be a breeze to tilt back and roll around.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've been soul searching in the rig department lately....

I'm ready to buy (as the $$$ comes in)!

My 'Gig Rig' will be...

Avalon U5
    Crest LT1000
    Bergantino NV610

Simple signal path and a perfectly matched cabinet to my tone/style! I can't believe I've found a cabinet with 10" drivers to sway me away from my beloved 12"

My little rig will still be my Ashdown 1x12 Combo but with a Bergantino EX112 attached (maybe the Avalon/crest into the EX112 and I'll keep the Ashdown as a spare)

I do rock to jam to r&b, Benavente 51 fretted (and soon fretless too) with flats.

That's the Key there!
  6. GeeWhiz, I might have a NV-610 for sale in the north east, I truly love this cab but my W.J.s suit my style better. really don't want to ship.:)
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm listening... I hear the foliage is nice up your way come fall :cool:
  8. Aah, The foliage----Yeah I am in no hurry to sell, would prefer to sell to a TBer and it will be a nice deal for a virtually unused cab.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY

I spoke to Wayne Jones & he has 2 used cabs but wants serious $$$ for them, plus he wants $500 a cab for shipping!!! He isn't making anymore due to his financial situation?

That Berg is a great cab, I'd like to hear it against the new 2x15 design coming out through one of Read's new pre-amps...

10. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Jeff Haley, I was thinking about your deal about selling your cabs. The cabs you have are nice. I would hate to have to choose between a 310 and the 610. If "loudness" is a issue, my nv610 is about as loud as my ht322. Im assuming the 322 and 310 are about the same, havent heard a 310. If there was a way I would try to hold on to your cabs and save up for the new one. Just a thought, good luck.
  11. Here's the truth, I got my 3 W.J.'s on sale not that I have connects, but just one of those things, I jumped and nobody else did,aside from the incredible review from BassPlayer and Bassics I just went for it, and I'm incredibly happy.
  12. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    it's a shame we're so far apart... :(