1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino AE410 vs Gallien-Krueger Neo 212-II's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JC JC, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I wanted to purchase a pair of GK Neo 212-II's.

My heads:
    GK 1001RB-II
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0

Can someone with real world experience with both cabs contrast/compare the sound of these GK Neo 212's vs a single Bergantino AE410 for me?

The GK cabs will actually be MORE expensive than a single Bergantino, but more portable (for smaller gigs I can simply bring one GK 212, and for bigger gigs I can bring both).

2. I can't comment on how the GK Neo 212s compare with the Berg, but I have a 1001 Rb- II and 2 x Neo 212 - II. Sounds amazing! And its great having option to take 1 or both!

3. How would you describe the lows on those GK cabs?

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I own both of these cabs. I have gigged the AE410 paired with an Aguilar DB750 or a GK Fusion 550. I have gigged a single GK Neo 212-2 (4 ohm) with the Fusion 550. The band I was in at the time was playing (loud) classic rock/blues in small to medium-sized bars/clubs. I had no PA support.

Both of these cabs easily handled the gig (in terms of volume and bottom end) without breaking a sweat. I never got close to the limits of either one, but I'm sure that the Berg would be capable of more volume simply because of the two additional speakers. The Berg does have that bump in the upper mids. The GK is a much more even sounding cab (to my ears), but it does have a nice mid-punch without being "honky." I really can't pick a favorite between the two. The GK is an incredible value at about half the cost of the Berg, and it's over ten pounds lighter.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020