1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Featured Bergantino Announces forte' HP 1200 Watt Class D Amp

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 28, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    WHITINSVILLE, MA (Jan 15, 2019) – The Bergantino forteʹ HP is the newest member of the Bergantino bass amplification family. Scheduled shipping is spring of 2019, with a special introductory price of just $1,399.

At Bergantino Audio Systems, owner-engineer Jim Bergantino is setting the pace once again, in high end, high performance bass amplification, with his latest release: the forte’ HP.

The Bergantino forte’ HP takes bass amplification to a whole new level of performance. Just like an 8- cylinder vs. a 6-cylinder engine, the new 1200 watts of ultra-reliable, Class D power offers unprecedented “slam” in a lightweight, portable package.

The forte’ HP is for the player who requires massive headroom and control over his or her tone. It delivers formidable tone and authoritative sound combined with top level ease and

confidence. This amp harkens back to the classic lead sleds that players have been longing for, an incredible thump without the weight...it has to be experienced!

Make no mistake, the forte’ HP will cruise along while other amps are begging for mercy. It has the ability to control every inch of the note with a quickness and command that will not only be heard, but felt!

Special Features include:

• Built-in parallel compression

• Two drive circuits providing everything from a soft clip purr, to massive, mix-shredding distortion and searing fuzz.

• Variable Low-Pass (VLPF) and Variable High-Pass (VHPF) filters, critical for precise tone shaping and taming of the most challenging gigging environments.

Additional Features include:
    • 4-Band Tone Controls: Bass: +/-10db @65hz, Lo-Mid:+/-10db @250hz, Hi-Mid: +/-10db @ 1khz, Treble: +/-10db @ 3.5khz

• Bright Switch: Selectable between 2 khz @ +6db and 7 khz @ +8db

• Auxiliary Input and Headphone Jack: for personal monitor and practice

• Bluetooth Foot-Switchable features including Drive, Effect, Bright, and Mute

• Software Upgradable via front USB port

• Rack Mountable with optional rack ears

• Effects send and return loop

• Studio quality Direct Output: software selectable Pre or Post EQ

• UPS – Universal power supply 115VAC - 240VAC 50/60Hz

• Power Section: 600W @ 8 ohms, 1200W RMS @ 4-Ohms, 1200W RMS @ 2-Ohms

• Dimensions: 13.25”W x 8.375”D x 3.75”H

• Weight: 6.4 lbs.

Introductory Price: $1399.00 USD (international prices set in each country)
    Bergantino Audio Systems

bergantino-forteHP-top3_4-trans. bergantino-forteHP-front-white.

2. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    Looks too good to be the truth, would not buy before i try.

3. uwrossl

uwrossl

Nov 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach
    With that price definitely try before you buy but I can tell you from my experience at NAMM playing around with it that its incredible. Tons of power on tap and just the right amount of features for me. Typical Berg transparency so if you want ultra clean it can do that. If you want to shape your tone with preamps or pedals it can do that. Absolutely try one if you get the chance. I'm guessing you'd like it and considering the power combined with the features the price tag is pretty reasonable IMO.

4. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    "This amp harkens back to the classic lead sleds that players have been longing for, an incredible thump without the weight...it has to be experienced!"

I wouldn't say we've been LONGING for the old lead sleds, but that's an interesting market swerve.

5. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    They're referring to the heavy Crest and Crown poweramps that were popular 10-20 years ago. CA, Pro Series, Macro-Tech, etc.

Pbassmanca and Greyvagabond like this.
  6. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    It’s an incredible amp: if I was gigging one these days, it would be a serious contender.

Pbassmanca, zon6c-f and tonequixote like this.
  7. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

can i buy a used one for $700?

Pbassmanca and edencab like this.
  8. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    California
    The dreadnought era of bass amps is returning?

cdavisshannon and Pbassmanca like this.
  9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Nope.

yodedude2 and uwrossl like this.
  10. Wow looks quite nice and that is alot of oomph

11. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    2 ohms for the win!

12. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    You probably can, if you can wait until 2027.

Captain Chaos likes this.
  13. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

I'm interested! I went to NAMM only one day last week, so totally missed this - I walked right by their booth too - dang! The only other 1200 watt micro that I know of is a Walter Woods, who as we all know has been making them for over 30 years - and will set you back over $3000!
    I believe WW is still making amps, but hard to know for how much longer - he's a one-man show and may be close to retiring by now. This Berg amp is on my GAS list for 2019 for sure!

Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    An amp manufacturer used the words '"slam and lead sled' in ad copy?
    And if Jim says this, it is probably dead on
    Yea baby!
    Now, what to sell...

uwrossl and Pbassmanca like this.
  15. Jesuguru

Jesuguru Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    GK is another that's incorporating these new 1200 watt ICE's into their new Legacy/Fusion/Fusion+ line, and Plex amp too I think. So it may be worth waiting and price comparing, especially if you already have a compressor and HPF like the Berg helpfully includes (and Fusion+'s tube compressor is supposed to be awesome).

I'd be more interested in an updated B|amp myself, wonder if that's on the horizon.

Iofflight likes this.
  16. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    $1,400?!

17. macteacher

macteacher Supporting Member

Umrossl,

How did it stack up to a Walter Woods Blue light as far as warmth, if you've played one.

thx.

18. uwrossl

uwrossl

Nov 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach
    Unfortunately I haven't played any of the Walter Woods stuff so can't compare at all. Can only say that this amp is punchy, clean, and present with tons of headroom. Only got to play around with it at NAAM for a little bit and the booth is in a noisy corner but it sounded great and I like the features they included. B|Amp version with the cabinet profiles would be amazing and I'd guess that'd be the next version they release if I was a betting man. Hoping to get down to Bass San Diego soon and play it more thoroughly. Can only imagine it's going to make me love it more!

19. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana

I don't see the VLPF ... just the VHPF ????
    I think the Blend knob used to be labeled VLPF??? I saw a picture in an earlier thread.
    If so .. is that feature gone?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. unresolved

unresolved Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2015
    SF Bay Area
    I asked Mr. Bergantino the same question; he said that the "blend" knob in the photo of the prototype (shown at the top of this thread) would become the variable low pass filter knob in the production version. Here's his email to me:

The blend knob on the original faceplate will now become the VLPF knob. The blend is incorporated into the Drive function and is what we call our BSD system or Bergantino Smart Drive system. It not only adjusts the drive level and make up gain into the drive circuit, it also simultaneously adjust the clean/dirty blend.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jim Bergantino

Bergantino Audio Systems

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019