1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino B/Amp Distortion/Overdrive

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazztonebass, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jazztonebass

jazztonebass

Apr 23, 2012
    Does anyone have a soundclip of the B/Amp using the blendable overdrive? I am really curious about the non-pristine/clean possibilities. I would like to dial in some color in one of the memory presets.

2. Can we include LPF, HPF and compression in the discussion? Don't mean to highjack your thread.

3. jazztonebass

jazztonebass

Apr 23, 2012
    Yes. This too^^^^

Curious about these extended features myself.

David A. Davis likes this.
  4. jazztonebass

jazztonebass

Apr 23, 2012
    anyone even using the overdrive/distortion and compression features on the B/Amp?

5. Yes. I am. I think many B|Amp owners do.
    You might have better luck in the B|Amp at NAMM thread.

6. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Yes I am using Channel 1 clean with compression, Channel 2 O/D with compression and Channel 3 is distortion with compression.. Very simple and easy to use.. I wish I could send you some samples, but I'm not that good with recording to the computer..

7. Heard BI blond Genzler “ dirty” tone perfectly Could save it as preset

8. Used it with NV215 last night.
    With Fender Bassman Pro Neo 115 tonight.

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have my “home” setting as clean, with no effects and just a little eq. Mem 1 is my slap/solo setting, with compression and heavier eq. Mem 2 is my rock setting, with overdrive and totally different eq, along with a little compression. Mem 3 is my in your face, balls out distortion setting, using distortion 1.

Edit: I’m so impressed with the distortions, OD, and compressor in the B Amp, that I’ve eliminated 4 pedals from my pedalboard in favor of the onboard effects. That includes a Darkglass B3K, Keeley Bassist, EHX Big Muff, and EHX Bass Soulfood.
    A8D06AE8-8353-4F5F-A915-A84128F54E5F.
    My revised board.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Mpike and stephenb923 like this.