1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino cab possibly stupid question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by teleharmonium, Apr 16, 2009.

1. teleharmonium

teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    The removeable casters on my Bergantino 310HD have an irritating tendency to remove themselves at inopportune moments.

I have yet to need to remove them on purpose.

Is there a way to prevent them from falling out when I am carrying the cab up stairs ?

2. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Are yours the kind that slide off sideways, or the kind that poke up into the body and sort of "click in"?

3. Super glue?

Yeah, I have no idea.

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I'm assuming they are the click in stem models, since they are falling out. Those copper rings on the stem that keep them snug wear out eventually. The castors should be pretty standard. I would recommend taking one to a large hardware store and getting four replacements. They should be quite standard.

5. teleharmonium

teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    I think they would be the latter, but they don't make much of a click (and never did even when it was new).

Thanks all for the suggestions. Maybe I'll just flip the cab over and test them all and look into replacements for the ones that drop; I don't think they all have the problem equally come to think of it.

6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

If they are the type that have the post with the little loose ring in it, sometimes if you take a flathead screw driver and pry that little copper looking ring apart just a bit, they will tighten back up for a while.

7. teleharmonium

teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    They do indeed have the copper ring with a gap which I could pry apart - I'll give that a try - thanks !

8. JeremyJJackson

JeremyJJackson

Mar 1, 2009
    little bit o ducktape or gaffers tape would work just to snug it up

9. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    The casters on my HT322 used to do the same thing. Now I don't need casters because I've got an HT110.

10. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    The 322 has the casters set in away from the outer edges of the corners and makes it feel extra top heavy and tends to want to fall over when rolled from smooth floor to carpet. I'm assuming it is purely aesthetics to keep the casters hidden by locating more towards the center than the outer edges?

+1 on rebending brass rings for a better fit.

11. Had the same exact problem with my Ampeg BA115HPT. Pulled all four out, pried the gap open a tad, and they have stayed happily put since! That was easy. Now, if I could only find an easy way to get it to sound like a Bergantino cab....