Bergantino Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RoosterRusek, Dec 13, 2002.

1. RoosterRusek

Dec 13, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga
    I just hosed my Hartke 4 X10 XL cab (who saw that coming) as I was trying to nurse it along while using and Ampeg SVT4Pro. I am looking at the Bergantino cabs here in Atlanta and was wondering of those out there who could give me any opinions or recommendations. Thanks
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Fact: Bergantino cabs cost more than most brands. My opinion: they are well worth it.

I originally fell in love with the HT310, which was the winner of my 4x10 (!) shootout. I wound up buying a used HT212, which has less mids and more bottom... it sounds much much bigger than it looks. I'm now working on getting more Bergantino cabs just so I know which one (or combination) works best for me. All I will say for now is that I may have an interesting picture in a week or two. ;)
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have the Bergie 3/10 2/12 & HT112 and they are the best cabs I have ever had......period!!! I still have my Edens/Acmes & SWR and they make great stuff too.......but by far I prefer the Bergies. Try a couple and make up your own mind, but to me they are worth the bucks! Jim Bergantino also gives the best customer service I have ever seen, first class all the way........can you tell I like bergies:D
  4. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Do a search and you will find tons about them. Ditto on what Jerry says. I own thw ht2-12 and I would not trade it for another cab.
  5. HT-212 here! Also ht-112. Both sound KILLER. I get nothing but compliments on my sound.
  6. I'm selling my HT-212 believe it or not. I recently aquired the HT322. It's a different animal all together and I actually prefer the 212, but I also added and EX112 to my HT112 and although the duo does not go quite as low as the single 212 cab I have the spectrum covered with these three cabs. I'll be using the two little guys 90% of the time now and the 322 for big-loud gigs along with the two single 112 cabs. Four twelves sound awesome, but three twelves and two tens sounded the best when all combined. $700.00, I paid $1050.00 a few months ago and it's in PERFECT condition. Depending on were you live shipping is negotiable. 4ohm 700watt rating w/casters.

I posted on the gear for sale with some other cabs too.

7. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    once you go Bergie, its hard to go back... :D
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Right on, Bergiebro! :cool:
  9. Fuzzbass

Bergie cabs are like crack cocaine, I tellya... ;)
  10. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I totally agree. I don't own any Bergie cabs (yet!) but I played the 310 and 212 this past fall with an Ashdown head and it was the best bass sound I have ever heard.
  11. bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Bergantino cabs certainly are great... and.... and... I like my HT112 + EX112 very much when used together... but... but... for just one 1x12 cabinet I like an Epifani T-112 better. (Forgive me, joker et al.)
  12. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    I played a couple in a store. I think it was the 2x10 and the 1x12. Really fantastic sound. I've been wanting to try that 3x10. I've kicked around the idea of going Bergie on my next bass rig. (Which will be soon.) A friend of mine just got the 2x10 and is loving it. She told me they are no longer making the 3x10, but that they're coming out with a 2x10+12, two tens and a twelve in one cab. I just looked at the website, and it confirms that. The HT322, two 10" and one 12". That idea seemed strange to me at first, but the more I think about it, the more I want to try one.
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :cool: in the $3000 to spend on a rig thread I mentioned the one I'm working towards is an ashdown ABM 500rc EVO on a HT212.

I'm picking up an EX112 to sit on my 112 Ashdown combo this spring from the LowEnd :)

as far as the Epifani ... I've heard the T-112 pushed with 900watts can cause childen's and small animal's heads to explode :bassist:
  14. ah-em.... fellas
    My HT-212 is for sale, see my post a few up the thread here :)
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Do you take post-dated, 3rd party, out of state, rubber checks? If so, what's your address?

I'm tapped now, I'm getting the little guy to start with in the spring (in may/june earliest) Plus I need an 8 ohm cabinet that won't complain about the low wattage.
  16. Sorry, I have to have some real pazoozas.

Make no mistake though, even the small Bergs in 8ohm really do their thing with some major juice. How much are you going to pump into the 112? They can take a bunch, even a QSC2402 bridged! That was my very first mistake when checking out "high fi" type cabs, not enough juice, and I was using a superb Mesa 400+. I will say my 112 sounds pretty darn good through my 400+, but WAY good through my QSC. 400+ rack is bigger than the cab though.
  17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002

:meh: at first I'm just looking for an extension cab for my 200watt 112 combo (needs an 8 ohm). I played 6 years or so through a Bag End S12 & S15 pushed with an AMP head (300watts I think) so I'm no stranger to Hi Fi ;)

What I plan (ETA: done Summer 2004):
    1. EX112 to run with Ashdown Combo
    2. Ashdown * ABM 500RC (to replace combo)
    3. HT212 (to be used when EX112 ain't enough)

* may go with the ABM 900 or RPM and a power amp.... time and money will tell
  18. Well it's possible I'll still have the 212 when you get the gold. Keep me in mind. It's staying in my vault until it's sold.
  19. LizzyD

LizzyD Chocoholic

Oct 15, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Sadowsky Artist
    I just replaced these with THESE and holy crap.

You'll find the Hartke 4.5's for sale at Bass NW. They are still nice cabs though, but with the rest of my rig they were certainly the weak link in the chain.
  20. Fuzzbass

Woo, that is a sweet rig! :eek: Very similar to my own, in fact. :p For louder gigs, I run my Stew into HT210 + HT212.

The way you feel about your Hartkes is exactly the way I feel about my SWR Goliath series: great cabs, served me well, but I saved my pennies and moved up.