1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino CN212 innards question . . .

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve23, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Steve23

Steve23 Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2015
    . . . the fine folks at Bergantino are busy, so I'm wondering:
    One of "my" rubber feet has come undone & the nut is rattling around inside the cab.
    Granted, the feet have come loose now & again, but I've always been able to tighten 'em - until Tues. night, when I lugged the cab upstairs after a rehearsal, only to find a rear foot missing (found it in the townhouse parking lot next AM) . . .
    The only deconstruct tried was the removal of one of the recessed handle assemblies, but the fine, fine baffling/packing looks wa-a-ay too neat for me to rip out & I'm leery of tackling the metal cornercaps 'cause the tolex-esque covering doesn't really have any obvious seams . . .
    So . . .
    Any advice/tips?
    Would like to be able to secure ALL of the feet mo' bettah, & I'd REALLY like to not have a nut flying around the speaker cones, etc . . .
    What say you?

Attached Files:

2. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    Tnut came loose. I'm assuming that was what they used, don't know for a fact! I guess I'd pull the bottom speaker, fish out the t nut or whatever and use loctite on the threads to discourage it from happening again.
    Good luck!

BassmanPaul and MHT75 like this.
  3. Hope you got your nuts handled. Also don't hesitate to call Jim. His CS is superb and he has personally picked up the phone every time I've called. Hope you love your cab/s as much as I love mine.