Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino - Construction and Drivers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

All-

Before you tell me to do a search, I already did and just spent 45 min looking thru old threads and could not find and answer to my question. I just purchased a NV610 sight-unseen (and unheard) because there are no Berg dealers ANYWHERE around me. I trusted the feedback and reviews I've read here and it seems to be the cab that I have been looking for.

Anyway, I could not find any info on Berg's site or here on TB as to how the cabs are constructed (wood type, assembly, etc) and what drivers Jim uses (Eminence, Celestion, etc, etc). Again, most interested in what he uses on the NV610 but am also curious what he uses in his other cabs too... Oh mighty, all-knowlegdeble tbers, enlighten me!!!

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    did you try calling or e-mailing Jim? He'll probably tell you what you want to know better than the people here can

3. krazyslow

krazyslow

Mar 12, 2005
    San Angelo
    I was told the wood the cabinets were constructed from was birch, but I too would like to know what drivers jim uses.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yep..call Jim. If it isn't a proprietary secret, I'm sure he'll tell you whatever you want to know. He is very friendly and accomodating on the phone.

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I'm told my subs have Eminence drivers, so I'd guess he uses Eminence manufactured drivers, made to his specs.

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I've had a couple drivers out of my NV610 and can confirm that they're Eminence. They're special 24 ohm ones he has custom made, IIRC.

I couldn't bring myself to buy one unheard. I've always been an evangelist of small cabinet stacks over big cabs and always sort of rolled my eyes when I saw posts on TB about how great they are. Then one showed up used in a store in another city, and I tried it on a whim. I liked it so much that I drove all the way back to buy it and now it's my only cab.

7. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Bergs=no worries.:)