1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino HD 212 VS HD410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dedoonbass, Feb 18, 2013.

1. dedoonbass

dedoonbass

Nov 17, 2012
    Hey guys, looking into these cabinets for my Ashdown ABM 500 EVO III Head.

I will be unable to try them out before buying them so I figure the Berg is a safe bet in terms of complimenting this heads warm, round tone. They seem to get rave reviews on here.

My question is regarding the cab configurations. I am used to 4x10's and have never tried a 2x12. What are the main differences between the HD212 and HD410 and which would you use as your stand alone rig? My head will be running at 4 ohms, so I am limited to just one cabinet. My band is not very loud and we play small to mid-sized gigs.

Thanks

2. IanA

IanA

Jul 31, 2011
    Leicester UK
    The 212 sounds bigger low down and more polite in the mids, I have never pushed either to their extremes but would guess the 410 has an edge on volume. The 212 is plenty loud enough if you don't play at silly volumes.

3. ^^ This.

I have the HD112 and HS410 but designs are similar.