Bergantino hd112 paired with Bag End s15b-d?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bubba bassman, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Bubba bassman

Bubba bassman

Dec 11, 2018
    New Jersey
    I’m looking to be some more bottom end out of the rig I’m creating. Looking for something lighter that my SVT410 HLF. I started with a Bergantino HD112 but the B on my 5 string doesn’t sound that good with the single cab. Should I consider another HD112 or go with something more along the lines of the 15” Bag End?? What are your thoughts????

2. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    You're taking a big risk in hoping that a BE15 will work with your Berg. Personally I can't see it working too well. Get another HD112.

3. Bubba bassman

Bubba bassman

Dec 11, 2018
    New Jersey

That was my initial thought being a matched pair and all. I wasn’t sure if another 12 would do the trick. There is a difference in price of a few hundred dollars as well but I’d rather have something that sounds right than save a few bucks.

4. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    If you are indeed talking about the S15B-D (5 cubic feet large), then you will certainly add a gob of strong low bass. I have two of them and IME, they are the only 115 cab that Ive ever had or heard that "mixs" well with other cabs. But it is huge and somewhat heavy at 70lbs so Im not sure you'ld gain any advantage in terms of weight and size. Great cab though and you may like it all by itself too.

5. Bubba bassman

Bubba bassman

Dec 11, 2018
    New Jersey

Yes. basturdblaster. That is the cabinet. 70 pounds. Still 25 lighter than my 410. What head do you use through our Bag Ends

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  6. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    I've used more than a few but at the moment I'm using a PA power amp with the Mesa Subway DI and I love it.

I havent gigged the big cabs in quite a while as I prefer to use the smaller Bag End cabs though they don't bring the big bottom that the larger cabs do.

The large cabs bring the nuance of playing behind a large PA with multiple subs all on their own.

Let me add that I feel it's very important that the Bag End cab have it's original driver, always be sure to check when buying a used Bag End cab.

Bubba bassman likes this.
  7. Bubba bassman

Bubba bassman

Dec 11, 2018
    New Jersey

I’ll check the drivers if I decide to go that route. Thanks for replying to my post

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022