Bergantino HDN 410 Vs CN 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wellso74, Aug 5, 2016.

1. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    Hey Folks,
    I have a CN 212 and for most of my gigs- its great- but once in a while I'm playing larger venues that need a little extra headroom. Anyways- I'm thinking about either adding a CN-12 in addition to the 212 or maybe picking up a different cab all together.

If I pick up a CN12 I'll have to also change my amp to accommodate the ohms. either way- I'll have to shell out some bread- perhaps save and patiently wait for used gear LOL. I'm currently using a tone hammer and happy with it.

The HDN 410 looks amazing- I was hoping people can chime in on my thoughts and share some experiences with the ideas above!

Again thank you bass peeps!

WG

2. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    Anyone have any thoughts?

3. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    I used to play a CN212 and for louder gigs added an AE112.

My regular amp was a TH500 but for the 312 I used my Thunderfunk which handles 2 ohms. Just a great sound every time.

wellso74 likes this.
  4. 3 Berg 12s REALLY kicks @ss!!!!! But, yes you'd need a 2.67 ohm stable amp.
    The 410 will give you a little more in the risk volume dept than 212s & be close to the 3x12 stack.
    If not wanting to change amp nor purchase purchase n lug another cab. ..... I'd be going the HDN410 root. Looks like a great cab. I've got the AE410 & it's great, & knowing JB's designs. ....I'm sure the newer hdn is terrific

wellso74 likes this.
  5. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    I don't think I can go wrong with either route- I do like my TH 500, but maybe with a 312 setup- it will be more modular in function- take up less space. certainly interests in hearing more opinions! also- having a second amp is smart for backup purposes.......

41kellymack likes this.
  6. I was looking at the HDN410 and still trying to decide, it's rated at 4ohms. So for me ,that would be as low as I could go.

7. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    yeah- I would need to get a new amp LOL

8. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    I like the layout of the speakers in the HDN410 compared to the CN410. That said though, I chose a CN212 over a CN410. I learned that I just much prefer the sound of 12's.

wellso74 likes this.
  9. Just picked up a Berg AE410 for 250.00 in mint condition, part of an estate sale!
    Also a Genz Benz Streamliner 600 very cheap as well.
    My first impression, playing with a MMStingray 4 is that this was the sound I was trying to find for so many years.
    I like the Epifani ps112, it is deep, clear and punchy, but the 410 seems to support the mids better with no loss of deep rolling bottom end.
    I don't think you can go wrong with this combination, I am now a berg believer...