1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino HS410 speaker question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Basstard, Mar 4, 2013.

1. The Basstard

The Basstard Puttin' the "ass" in "Basstard". Supporting Member

Does anyone out there know what kind of speakers come stock in the Bergantino HS410?

Mine has Eminence Legend BP102 (16 ohms) but I was told that this speaker is not stock. However, every photo I've seen of an HS410 appears to have the same speakers as mine (the paper on the cones is somewhat distinctive).

I'd love to hear from any Bergantino aficionados.

2. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    I have a Berg HS410 and I had know idea it has Eminence Legend BP102 in it, but I've never have taken the speakers out before.
    I'd really like to know whats in it now, I really don't feel like taking my cabinet apart to find out.

3. jastacey

jastacey

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    The frames are stock Eminence, but the cones are custom specifications, from what I understand, Eminence has 5500+ parameters of custom cone designs that one could get, all you have to do is have an order of 100+ to get any of those designs ... the key is the art of matching the box to the speaker, or vice versa, also he could of had a speaker designed from the ground up and that design would NOT be available for general release, only from the person who owns the design, meaning if you need a recone, you gotta get it from Jim

4. +1 Jim's tweaks of the various Eminence drivers he uses in his cabs seem to make quite a difference in tone and performance.

Per your point, Jim's 'magic' is spec'ing those OEM drivers and designing his boxes. Nothing 'magic'... just good, solid engineering, and even more important, a real 'feel' for what makes a bass guitar sound good IMO and IME.