1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino HT/EX-112 Owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Keeping the little beasts!

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Ditching for the newer little beasts!

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. How many of you guys or gals are planning on swapping this classic little mini rig for the new Berg 12's (AE or ER)? I for one would really love to try the HT/EX-112-ER's (have no interest in the Neo's), but don't really have any plans on moving my current BMS as it just kills with my amp of preference (Little Mark II).

So what's the verdict guys, out with the old in with the new, or happy with what you've got?

2. I'm incredibly content so I see no use in swapping over. I'm really interested in the AE410 though.

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    No reason to change, they are not heavy at all.

4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Happy with mine; no plans to make a move at the present time.... :)

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I actually just picked up a new HT112 (old-style). I have been using the regular HT112 for years for upright and electric (greatly pleased) and am somewhat concerned the ER change will be counterproductive for upright.

If I was only playing electric, I would likely have tried the HT112ER.

The AE112 is going to be a completely different box, based on the comments I've heard on the AE410.

W

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Will, does that mean you have two HT112's now?

I personally would like to try the Markbass F1 with the new larger 112 cabs. I think the quickness of the F1 would be a wonderful match to the ER's.

7. I'm making the swap as my HT112/EX112 leaves me wanting a little extra low down oomph. Jim says the difference is pretty noticeable. Or, do I just get the AE410, or NV215, or .......

8. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    My gear quality to bass talent ratio is already pretty badly skewed toward gear quality so I'll sit tight. :)

9. BoomSTICK

BoomSTICK

Jul 23, 2001
    Atlanta
    I'm stayin' Ex/Ht mini! Fatness warmth growly stuff, that all fits in the trunk of my toyota corolla. Except for the 27lb rack case for my genz benz 750 33lbs. yikes!

10. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Arizona
    I just got my chrome-grill ht/ex stack so I think I'll be sticking with it for a while. HOWEVER, I change my rig more often that I change my socks :) so who knows what the future holds

11. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I have the IP w/EX112 and it's just fine. They fit perfectly in my vehicle and are not visible. My previous 2 CxL112s didn't fit as nicely. Since Jim said the "news" would sound like the "olds" because of the DSP I'm staying. For me they put out enough bass! If they did sound different I would be sorely tempted.
    Oh, they are really a great size...and can crank.

12. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    I have an IP112, an HT112, and a EX112.......happy with all of them. I use the IP either alone or with one of the ext cabs, or if I'm using some other amp head I'll use the 2 ext cabs......no need for change at this point.

13. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Andy-

Yeah, I have this new HT112 and my old beat-on HT112. I didn't really buy them to stack...I really just wanted the new one to keep set up in my practice space, while the old one stays in my Subaru.

I think the ER will be great for you, I just didn't really want the extra size/weight for upright.

W