Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino HT210 arrived today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JOME77, Mar 18, 2003.

1. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Purchased a used Bergantino HT210 and it arrived today. After hearing so many great things about the Bergantino cabinets I can finally say that I've played though one! Got to say that I've always considered myself to be a SWR guy but after playing through the Berg I've got to say it's clearly a better cabinet. Tighter lows, crisper highs (not nearly as harsh), and punchy as it gets! Only advantage I can find for the SWR JR III is weight. The Berg is almost 70 lbs. and the SWR Jr III is just under 50lbs. I guess that I'm going to have to work out more because the SWR Jr's are staying home!:D

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Congrats! One of my favorite cabs. As long as you've got enough watts, it's tremendous.

3. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Boogie,
    Thanks! I've heard that the Berg's are NOT real efficient. No problem with my rig with the Stewart 1.6 amp. I haven't tried it with my SWR SM400S but I suspect I'll need to bridge it to adaquately power the Berg.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

That Stew 1.6 will do the trick, all right. Congrats!

I was in a similar situation as you: running a pair of SWR Goliath Juniors for most gigs. I was extremely happy with them... nice and punchy; no problem for me to mellow out the tone simply by rolling back the tweeters. And yes, they were a breeze to carry around... I kinda miss that. But the heavier Bergs are in another class tone-wise, and aren't as heavy as my old Mesa/Boogie 2x10's (even the Diesel was a boat anchor).

5. Wasted again in Bergantinoville.....
    On behalf of Bergantinoville, welcome.
    Now, if you want to be really impressed, try an HT-322, only 93 lbs.

6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hey Fuzz

How would you compare the 210/115 together to the 322? or any of the single big cabs? You mention the bigger cabs in a class of thier own but how do these stack up?

AJ

7. Fuzzbass

Believe it or not, I still haven't tried an HT322. Interesting question, though... I too would like to know how 210/115 compares to 322.

FWIW: 210/115 has more low oomph than 310, more punch than 212... conversely, the 310 is punchiest of the three rigs (but still with nice bottom, as others will confirm) while the 212 is "girthiest". Also, I mentioned to Jim B. that I sometimes run 210/212, and Jim said that this stack would have more bottom emphasis than a 322. All of these comments are predictable, I'm sure... but it's not like these cabs aren't versatile, I'm simply comparing them in an "all-else-being-pretty-much-equal" context.

8. Fuzzbass

Doh! I think I understand: when I said "heavier Bergs" I was simply trying to say that the Berg 210 (and 115) are noticeably heavier than the SWR Goliath Juniors; I didn't mean to make a distinction between the larger and smaller Berg cabs. Sorry 'bout any confusion I might've caused.

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Haven't had the pleasure to run a 322 but the 210/115 Bergie combination kicks major bootay, especially when driven by the Stewart 2.1! :cool:

10. Maybe I can help.
    I own a HT322, HT212, HT112, EX112.
    I have tried all combinations.
    Driven by QSC PLX2402 and Demeter VTBP01S
    Lakland Basses Active and Passive.

322 + 212 = everything very big WOW.
    322 + both 112 = same as above a little more punchie and focused.
    212 + both 112 = very big not as focused as with 322. Almost gets a little lost..
    112 + 112 = very nice big sounding punchie portable.

Out of all of them the HT322 is the best to me. Huge bottom, very punchie mids and great highs. My favorite. The two 112 are a very very close second and just a little different flavor. Acutally, aside from the weight (lifting only) of the 322 it's really the easiest for me to move and manuver around on a stage. The two 112 are sort of stuck were you put them unless you take down and move the whole setup, which happens in my six piece band on small stages. Either the drummer can't get out or the horn dudes....or something.

I love having the two 112's at home for jammin' or other sit in gigs. Take them both or just one. I leave the 322 at rehearsal place and get help from the bandmates. I can handle it myself though.

11. I forgot to mention what my previous post was leading up to.
    HT-322 is plenty for just about anything I'll ever gig at. Maybe an outside festival on a big stage, I would use one of the combos of my extra cabs.:bassist: