Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino HT210S vs Sadowsky 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    What are the differences between the two, especially soundwise?

2. We will be able to tell you on Monday!

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Why Monday?

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    These are 2 entirely different cabinets.
    Without getting into trade secrets, they have different drivers, different horns, different crossovers, and different efficiencies. Other than that.........their identical:D
    Corey

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Because this weekend is the Bowlus Bass Borg get together.
    Tom has a Sadowsky SA210, and an SA410, and I just got my SA410 today and we'll both have them there.

6. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Ah ha! Now I see...enjoy...come back and let us enjoy vicariously!:)

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Perfect! I would've said the exact same thing, but I would've spelled it "they're."

8. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    DAMN! I'm usually driven crazy by people doing that, now I'm the offender. If it's any consolation......I had a long day yesterday. I WILL NOT let it happen again though Mr. Munji. L.O.L.:D
    Corey

9. Sorry I didn't give you more info. Yes, I will have my Berg HT210S at Tom's and he will have the Sadowsky version of that cab. We will definitely do a comparison. What head and bass do you use.... we will have so much stuff there we might be able to match what you use in order to give you better feedback.

10. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Right now I am debating between an Ashdown ABM 500 and a Crest LT1000 (w/the forthcoming Sadowsky pre)...I also have a Bergie HT115, but want something a *little* smaller and tighter

11. Cool! Have you tried any of the EpiUL cabs... the 310UL is really something regarding punchy sound, size and weight.

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The only thing to keep in mind is that your HT210S is a 4 ohm model, and my SA210 is an 8 ohm cab. But still, with that in mind, we should be able to capture the overall feel of each cab relative to each other. And I'll have an HT115 or two on hand as well, if you'd like the direct comparison.

Tom.

13. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Will you be taking the GBE750 then as well?

I haven't heard about it from you yet.

14. You have a good memory! The bad news is, I chickened out on it. I'm just so darn happy with my Thunderfunk, that I decided I really didn't need it... and I'm starting to catch the 'Bergantino Disease' along with the Schroeder Lights coming out... so I need all my cash!

The good news is, our fellow TBer Chef was looking for a new high powered head and I pointed him in the GB750's direction.... and he took the plunge. It sounds like it will be an awesome head, and I look forward to hearing about it when they finally start shipping.

15. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    any updates from you Bowlus borgers?

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The difference was pretty amazing, actually. The Sadowsky had an open airy high end that was just so very compelling. The Berg had a tad thicker tone, though, and moved more air down low. This makes sense, though, as the Sadowsky is tuned stiffer to work with the all-tube SA200. For standalone use, the Berg is probably the way to go. But if you have another cab with strong low end, the Sadowsky SA210 just adds beautiful soaring airy highs. Some guys preferred the SA210 by itself to the HT210S, and others leaned the other way, so it's a personal preference thing.

Tom.

17. +1 on the above. Both nice cabs. The Berg HT210S really has that 'Berg' tone. The Sadowsky 410 is very nice... plenty of bottom and a tight, punchy sound. However, if I was looking for a 210 with a more open airy high end vs. the Berg sound, the Epi210UL would be a much better choice for a stand alone 210 than the Sadowksy IMO.... lighter, much better low end, and a similar upper mid and treble response as the Sadowsky (I believe someone said the tweeter is the same as in the EpiUL line).

18. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Thanks a lot guys...I will be placing a bid on a Berg HT210S very soon...(wink, wink)

19. I really like mine... warm and punchy... great for smaller gigs where you don't want a lot of low end extension... like small jazz group gigs with EB. Nice cab!

20. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I am going try to get the 4 ohm version and compare it to my HT115 and decide which is the better stand alone cab.