1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino HT210S

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TSanders, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Well, well, well.

New cab in the house. Ordered through Atlanta Discount Music (Marshall was the most incredible salesman of all time). Picked it up today.

Initial thoughts: Holy Stars, this cab is killer. When I first played this cab, I was left shaking my head, and pretty much speechless. I could however mumble, WOW, repeatedly to the salesman and my girlfriend who joined me on my hunt for new gear.

This cab is super compact. Its 18 H x 22 3/4 W x 11 1/2 D. Weighs in at 55 pounds. That adds to the wow factor as this cab pushes out thick tone for days. The tweet is extremely smooth, and is the best Ive heard. I dont think Ive ever heard 10s do what this cab can do. Its amazingly musical with freakin crazy definition on the low B of my StingRay 5. Kinda looks funny with the SVT Classic sitting on it, since the SVT is wider and deeper than the Berg.

My drummer, and best friend went to pick it up with me. Im not kidding, he too was speechless when we got home and hooked up the cab to the SVT. Once he could speak, he said "Man, this may not make sense, but that sounds like a good CD bass tone, or like you hope your bass sounds through a good PA. Thats seriously the best sounding bass cabinet Ive ever heard". You know its good if a drummer is impressed.:D

So, in closing, my dirty, beat up, and abused UGA hat goes off to Jim Bergantino for his AMAZING cabs that are IMO a work of art.

And finally pics:

Bergantino001.

Bergantino002.

Bergantino004.

Bergantino003.

2. And again Patsy, U whuz right.:D :bassist:

3. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    SD
    +1

Yep, I bought one from Atlanta Discount a month ago. Two weeks later, I bought an EX112S from them too. It's a really nice cab.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    :p

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Very nice! But I gotta say, I am floored by your choice of amplification! Impressed, but floored! :p

6. Lol. Tom, I got the SVT well before the Berg. Gear changes often have to happen one at a time, since being a 22 year old part time musician/college student/CNC Machinist isnt the most lucrative lifestyle. Two of those three pay me well, but the one in the middle takes up much of the time in which I could be doing the other, more enjoyable two. I was considering an iAmp 800 to pair with the Berg, but the SVT really sounds amazing with it, so well wait and see.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Very cool. I would love to hear that setup some time. :)

8. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    This cab keeps floating to the top of my "check it out" list. Can you all tell how power-hungry the 210s is? I'm currently just running a Mesa Walkabout.

9. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    If you had the 4 ohm version I would think you would be okay. The 8 ohm version would be lacking for headroom though. Bergs are not particularly efficient.

10. Jason, I think the HT210S would be more than fine with the Walkabout. It handles the SVT fine as a standalone cab. The power this cab takes, and actually seems to like is astounding to me.

Just a little background on me, that may shed some light on the potential of this cab. I have not been a fan of 10s for a long time. Ive gravitated towards 12s. My rig before this was a great sounding 2x12 and 1x15 stack. Even after playing that stack, this cab doesnt leave me feeling like anything is missing.

That help at all bro?

11. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    That definitely helps, Travis. I saw that other thread of yours on this cab where you alluded to not caring for 10's. I'm in the same camp. I have been fairly happy with a bagend coax 15, but as you say, somethings is just missing.

So did you get the 4-ohm and do you foresee this as a standalone cab for your needs? And Little Horseman, you recently picked up one of these too, right?

12. I got the 4 ohm, since Im running an SVT Classic. That way it could be a standalone, but if I ended up needing another, which may not happen, I could upgrade to another HT210S and push the SVT at 2 ohms.

13. I like mine a lot, and have 1200 Walter Woods watts pumping into it at 4ohms... they do seem very power hungry. It sounds great, but is still a small 210... nice for small gigs where you need more articulation than volume and bottom. I actually prefer the sound to my Schroeder 1210, but I would need two HT210S's to do the gigs I do with a single 1210 with half the watts.

I love the smooth sound of the HT210S though, and the tone is just beautiful. It's my favorite 'small gig' cab, and even though it's heavy, the thin profile makes it very easy to schlepp around. Nice cab!!!

14. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, I do have one. Eventually I will pick up either the matching ex112s or maybe another HT210s to stack on it. I love this thing.

15. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Okemos, MI
    Got a Sadowsky outboard preamp today and it soundsgreat through my iamp 500 into the HT210S- haven't taken these out on a gig yet, but I will report back after Sundays show!

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    SWEET! I'll be powering my HT210S with an iAMP500 as well.

-Mike

17. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Okemos, MI
    Mine is the 4 ohm version so I get max power from the iamp. Also, the Sadowsky preamp into the passive input also adds a new layer of headroom and depth that I was previously lacking! I am really likin' this cab!