1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino HT310 Bass Cabinet - $350 (Newport News) Virginia

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by banditcosmo, Aug 13, 2012.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I live in Newport News and saw that ad. Looked good until I saw that it weighs 90lbs! I already have a 90lb Genz Benz 4x10. Don't need another behemoth to lug around!

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

and then $400 at the bottom...he couldn't mean +casters for $50(??)

4. He may have reposted it with a price drop and forgot to edit the price.

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I just e-mailed the seller...let's see what brews.

FWIW, I know nothing about the Bergie cabs other than what I've read on TB. I'll assume this is a good deal?

Riis

6. dave79

There was one that sold on Ebay recently for around that. It is an amazing cab for that price but sadly doesn't have much value lately. Probably the weight. I'll buy it if it's still available the next time I see my parents in Gloucester.

7. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Part of my stomping grounds. Just did a gig up in Beaverdam off of Roaring Springs Rd. Where do your folks live?

Riis

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Price is excellent. The weight is what's putting me off. If still available, I'm supposed to go check it out on Saturday for our fellow TB'r in an above post. If you grab it, let me know. He's literally right down the road from me in the Fort Eustis area.

9. dave79

I spent a lot of time at Beaverdam, I lived on Main Street from age 9-18. My parents are both at the point now, one's on Tidemill Rd and the other is in Achilles.

10. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA

Guinea Neck...gotta love it! I drop by Jim Winter's music store every time I cross the York.

DW, I'll back off as others have shown a sincere interest in the cab...which I need like a hole-in-the-head. I do expect a full report!

Best to all.

Riis

11. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I almost purchased one of these...I called Jim Bergantino and asked about it and was told that you need ALOT of power to get the correct sound out of it...so I went with the HD 210 instead....but if you play loud and have a stong back-this is a great cab!

12. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Just got a message from the seller...nobody showed on Sat. so it's still available. I'll head up Mon or Tues evening if she's still on the market.

Riis

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I totally forgot. Any updates?

14. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Nope...left a couple of messages on his cell phone and never got a response. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm cabbed-out as is.

Riis

15. I have one. Great cab. For that price you would be crazy not to buy it

16. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I never got a response from when this was first posted, MODS should close......this is way outdated.....lol