Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino HT310 or HT322??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Feb 19, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking for a one pretty much does all cab. Which of these cabs would be the best fit for my Trace Elliot 300watt tube head. I play everything from ska/pop, to old school reggae, to rockabilly with my upright.......give me some input guys:)

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    From what I've heard both of those cabs would be a good choice. You might also want to check out the Bergantino 2x12 while you're at it. By the way, isn't the 3x10 discontinued?

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I didn't know that.......

4. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I own a Bergantino 3-10 and it is easily the best cab that I have ever owned , although I played thru my friend's HT-322 and it is great!!! I would choose it over the 3-10 but either one will serve you quite well.

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Jeff thanks for the info....

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I originally fell in love with the 310 (before the 322 came out), but most people who have tried both seem to prefer the 322. But knowing that doesn't make me unsatisfied with my 310... it's an excellent cab.

It is true that the 310 is not currently in production. According to Jim Bergantino, demand is much greater for the 322 so that's what he's supplying.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    You might also check out the Epifani T-310 if you're not totally decided on a Bergie. That Epi is a great cab and the new ones are very light and handle mucho watts.

8. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Another vote for the HT-322, it rocks... But I've never tried the HT-310 though, I'm sure it's nice too..

9. if you were asking for a cab that is clean, hi-fi, rich and without much coloring, I'd say the 310. But a do-all, and do-all-very-well, the 322 is a winner. The 322 is a bit more aggresive than the 310 which makes it more multi-propose IMO. THe only drawback [if youc an call it that] is that it has a bit of its own sound to it (and its a great sound!), which turns some people off (NOT ME!!)

Best of luck!
    Corey

10. ALL the Bergantino Cabs are a GREAT!
    I currently have HT212, HT322, HT112, EX112.
    Can one have too many cabs? I guess so...

In which case I'm selling my HT212 because I use the two single 12's most of the time now. The 322 and the 212 are both do-all cabs, but it's true the 322 is more aggressive. The 212 has great lows and "shimmery" highs, were the 322's high are different. The 322 has deeper bottom but is more midrange all around. I would keep ithe 212, but the two single 112's fill the 12" sound and are more portable for my usual needs. The two singles don't have the bottom roundness of the single 212 cab. Originally I was going to couple the 212 and 322 for big outside gigs, but I can now do that with the two small cabs in it's place. If your interested in the HT212 contact me. It's in perfect condition.

11. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have the Bergie 3/10 & 2/12 along with the 1/12, the 2/12 has massive low end while the 3/10 is a little more focused......together they crush! But if I'm only using one cab, I use the 2/12........if your looking for great low end with a very sweet high end, I would talk to Big String about the 2/12 he is selling....great cab:bassist:

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Interesting to read that the 322 is more aggressive than the 310. Awhile back someone else said that the 322 sounded closer to the 212 than the 310. I have both the 310 and the 212 and think that the 310 is more aggressive (punchier) whereas the 212 is smoother/cleaner.

Oh well, who knows what sort of rig/acoustics voodoo might be going on. Bottom line is, they're all sweet. FWIW I usually use the 212 for old-school tunes and the 310 for new, but it really doesn't matter much either way.

13. Jeb T

Jeb T

Feb 19, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    Hi y'all,

Does anyone like (or have any thoughts on) a combination of a 2x10 and 1x15?

Although the orginal poster asked about one do-it-all cab, how come so many folks are not using the 10 and 15 combination, I wonder?

Thanks!
    Jeb

14. My comparison was with the 212 and 322 only, I have never had the pleasure of trying the former 310 cab. It's got to be the tens.

15. perhaps our definition of aggresive is different. I guess what i am trying to say is that the 10's seemed a bit more open and airy, with more mid definition and complexities.

The 322 seemed to impart a color to the sound, and a more "old school" dynamic about it that i associated with a bolder statement. It just seemed much more authoritative.