1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino HT322 casters swapped

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DJJazzV, Aug 23, 2007.

1. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    After about 1 year of rolling it to gigs through bumpy parking lots, sidewalks, etc, the casters had seen enough. Especially sometimes with a Crest CA9 on top. Just too much for them. Entirely my fault, of course, but no big deal.
    The metal shafts of the caster mounts had bent. In the 3rd picture, you'll see the two shafts on the left are bent.

I just swapped them today with the Mesa Boogie casters I ordered. They are great! Easily swapable too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Baby's gotta a new pair of shoes... two pair actually. :smug:

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Those Mesa plate castors are amazing. I ordered a set for my 410UL a while back, but the castors were heavier than the cab!!!!!

For a monster like the HT322, or the big Mesa cabs, these castors are GREAT. Super heavy duty!

I always hated those 'shaft' removable castors... they break very easily, and you need to drill a large hole in your cab. These plate castors are much better.

4. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thank you. I feel much better about my gear on top now, especially when a 2x10 is added with a 6 space rack including a Crest CA9. I found out how good these casters were when I owned a Boogie Stack.
    I'll still be a little more careful loading and unloading to gigs though. No more "cabinet rides" for the Crest.