Bergantino HT322 vs Accugroove Tri115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by namuxtree, Oct 11, 2011.

1. smgleitch

smgleitch

May 19, 2009
    Napoleon, OH
  2. Man, those Epi's would be hard to find too. :/
    I saw your videos on the AE212 btw, KJung. Awesome tone! As for me, I'm trying to go with the smallest/lightest option so something like an Epi 410 would be hard for me to pull the trigger on. I owned an Uber410 and it was difficult getting that around, whereas something like a 212 would fit nicely into the trunk of my Accord.
    So basically, I need to be patient and dig til I find a AE212 or break my back on this HT322... darn I wish an AE212 would pop up.

3. Worked out a deal for an Epi410S2 (older uS) AND a Berg HT322.
    Berg is substantially cheaper (about 20%)
    Ken, I leave this to you man. Based on my preferred genres (rock,R&B,gospel) and my amp (MB F500) AND
    sound preference (wide, deep, and clear) which of these two is more appropriate and would fulfill my needs better?

4. smgleitch

smgleitch

May 19, 2009
    Napoleon, OH
    I had a Epifani series 1 410UL before I got my bergs and they are great cabs. When I owned that cab I wasn't playing with anyone at the time and it was just to nice, and big and loud, for living room practice so I sold it. When it was time to buy another gig worthy rig I found those berg cabs and never looked back.

Good luck to the OP on whatever you end up with. Feel comfortable that everything you are looking at are truly great cabs.

5. Man, you don't fool around!

Well, I have quite a few gigs on each with my old F1 (same tone as the F500).

The HT322 is almost the definition of 'wide, deep, and clear'. However, that Epi is just SO lightweight, and it has a very sweet top end versus the more hi fi and some would say clinical top end of the HT322, which is so clean it almost hurts. Both great, classic cabs.

I personally preferred the 410UL on the gig. You won't be fitting the HT322 in a trunk either... it is a big, deep cab. So, all in all, the 410UL would be a no brainer for me. You can get some nice plate mounted removable castors for it, and it is an easy schlep.

The F500 has the ability to dial a little low mid meat into the 401UL also, which is really nice if you want it to burp a bit more.

Again, I'm pretty sure you will dig both cabs. There is NOTHING more impressive in a solo trial than the HT322... big and smooth and crisp and clean. On the gig, the 410UL gives it a run for its money at not much more than half the weight.

Let us know where you end up.

K

6. To Ken and everyone else who chimed in on this thread,

You guys were an absolute pleasure and it's things like this that makes me love what I do and being part of this community. I'll let you guys know where I end up.

God bless you guys.

7. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Hate to be a bother, but...

:bag:

8. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Namux,

The Berg AE212 is a great cab! I had one and sold it locally a few weeks ago. I miss it. It seems like it would be perfect for the types of music you play and I can say it sounded great with that F500 amp you have. They weren't made that long so there's not many out there. My guess is that when Jim's new cabs start shipping in a few weeks, the word will get out about how good they are and you might see a few AE212 cabs go up for sale to fund a new cab. Who knows, you may want to jump on his new HD212 cab instead? The word on them will be out soon. I know I can't wait to hear someone compare the new HD212 to the AE212.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021