Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino HT322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BCinU, Jun 29, 2004.

1. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    I play an Ampeg SVT-4Pro through this nice little cabinet, and really enjoy it. I primarily play a vintage precision, and this combination gives that guitar's natural fat tone some real kick (my guitar players think they need to turn thier Marshall's up to "11" :rolleyes: ).

I know Bergantinos are popular around here, but little is said about the HT322. Anyone else have this cabinet? What do you think?

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Its easier to say what cabs I havent tried; mark bass, aviator and the new schroder cabs (Im sure theres more but not many). So far for my tastes, the berg 322 is the best cab made! I have two of them and of the top of my head there are at least five TBers that use one. Im glad you like yours. :bassist:

3. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I have an HT322 that I absolutely love. such a smooth, clean, fat, big sound.

I am so happy about it, I am thinking of getting a smaller berg to bring to quieter gigs or to use as an extension for really big ones.

Jim B. is also another of the top customer service guys I have dealt with. He answers all his emails very promptly and is very helpful.

4. jeflepard

jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I own one and it is a great cab. Bergantino is top notch.

5. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I have 2 HT322 cabs and love them. Want a really nice combination? Put a HT115 on top of a HT322 and then stand back. :)

6. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I also own a HT-322... Great cab and great customer service... The 322 has everything... :hyper:

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Do a search and you'll find LOTS of mentions of the HT322. LOTS!

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    (edited statement;... but not opinion of the cabs :D , very nice)

:eyebrow:

9. I love mine. Smooth, clear, BIG sound. Anyone put a HT 210 on top?

10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I have an HT322 I power with a Demeter pre and a PLX1602.

I’m very happy with the sound especially live (have never used PA support with it).

Most of us still wonder if the grass is greener somewhere else though…
    I’d like to hear an HT112/EX112 stack, and some Accugroove & Schroeder cabs.

11. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I really like this cabinet, and since I'm new here, hadn't really ever talked to anyone who had it.

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether I should be concerned about overpowering the cab with my SVT-4? I run it mono-bridged, and really have noticed no distortion or break-up up to 3/4 volume.

12. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey BCinU,

I too have the SVT-4PRO and loved it through my PR-410HLF, but the cab weighs 128 lbs!!! Your Berg cab is in my top 3 new cab choices right now. I'm interested to hear what else you ran it through in your quest. Did you happen to try AccuGroove or Schroeder? Are you still as pleased with the Berg? Thanks!!!!!!!!! -E.

13. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    The HT322 is an awesome cab! I dont know what you mean by the grass being greener :D but I just wanted to say that if you are looking for even more Berg sweetness then the HT322 offers try the HT210/115 pair. ;)

14. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I ended up trading in my HT322 for a Schroeder 410 and am very happy.

The HT322 is a great cab, but the Schro 410 works better for my tastes (especially live with a band -- great cut-through tone & tighter below 50Hz, especially when driven really hard).

15. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Never got a chance to try that combination (or the HT/EX112 stack). Would like to hear them though.

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Just wait until you hear the new HT210s/112sub combo. :D
    It's like a punchier, deeper version of the HT322.

17. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    What metron said! :D I was initially going to buy the HT-322. I'll most likely buy one in the future, but I wanted to have a more portable setup for now. I went with the HT210/HT115 for ease of transport.

From what Juan Ortiz has told me, a single HT-322 is awesome, a stack of two is a lethal weapon! :D

Tone, volume, quality, customer service- IMO Bergantino is the tops.

-Art

18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

This is good to hear! I truly love my 210/115 stack.

I'm now curious about the 210S/112sub combo (sigh)... but I'm so happy with my current Bergs that I have very little speaker GAS.

19. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Me too! I would love to have an NV cab for the vintage vibe but other then that I dont have speaker gas. Last time I did it was for a 322 so I had to A/B the 210/115 against the 322. The 322 is a phenominal cab but theres just more Berg sweetness with the 210/115 IMO. I felt that it was more then just a 15 vs a 12. Anyone else have experience with the differences between the 210/115 and the 322?

20. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    inazone uses 2 regularly and hes in my area. I really want to check out that rig sometime!