Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino HT322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Anybody try out one of the new Bergantino HT322 cabs yet? It's the new one with two 10" and one 12" speaker with a nice crossover and horn. It's pretty heavy (95lbs) but it sounds very interesting to me. It's 4ohms and rated at 750 watts, so I don't think I would need another cab.
    Thanks in advance.

2. WELL, I guess I'll reply to my own thread. I must be premature in asking everyone if they tried one of these cabs yet. Too new I suppose.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

3. How about an update? O.K. Don't mind if I do.
    Finally got to try a HT322 after much driving around back and fourth to Chicago. I got tired of waiting to a/b the HT212 and HT322 because our friends at UPS lost the 322 for Make N Music in Chitown. So, I went and tried the 212 and left with it, tried it out at next gig and it was very very nice. One week later the 322 shows up at the store and I head back with my 212 to a/b them. Well, I left once more with the 212... Not to say the 322 (2x10 + 112) wasn't fine as frog hair, but it did a couple things I didn't care for. Mostly it farted at high volumes with drop D tuning which I use enough. I didn't try a 5 string because I went completely four string again. All in all the 212 did it for me. Big Bottom and Punch. Bergantinos are expensive, but a very fine product which I recommend. The crossover and horn make for a real noticable difference compared to many of the tweeters in the other cabs.

I'm checking with Mr. Berg himself about some frequencies that are on steroids from were I'm standing when I play. It's not that big of a deal, but I've got a call into him just the same. Basically my Jazz bass experiances the extended volume and unexpected sustain when I get around the D note on the E string and like wise same note on the A string. Another mentioned it might be a Phasing thing??? I'm sure it's something simple. Great cabs though. :D

4. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    Thanks for sharing!

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Big String- thank you for your review- i am considering a Bergantino- not sure which to get- i was looking at a 322, but you say it farted? i dont need that!- ill ask him what he thinks- but thanks a lot!- Adrian

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've been somewhat amazed at some of high end cabs that fart out, especially with a just a four string.

I'm looking forward to checking out Bergies myself but the closest dealer is 200 miles away.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Biggie,

you tried both cabs with your own rig, no? kinda obvious, but just wanted to make sure. coulda been a factor, eh?

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    btw, Adrian,

why not Accugroove? they're Whappo Sr. and Jr. seem pretty nice.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i ain't got the kinda jack for El Whappo ( silly name:rolleyes: )
    see , the deal is- the show i was playing closed, so now i'll be doing a lot of gigs where i actually use an amp- lots of very different situations. i'm looking at the EBS350- but i may just get a nice beefy power amp and use the V bass as a preamp- ive heard great things about the Berg- its kinda hard to choose and being an EBS dealer- i have to condider i great great pricing there, but ultimately i want GREAT tone and something that can handle volume, but CLEAN.

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ok, you gotta give it up. which cabs have you experienced farting out?

11. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA

I sometimes use a HT2x10 and I've also noticed speaker farting out of it. I love the sound, but it does'nt go as loud as I want it to. Unlike the Epifani 2x12. I think I'll stick with twelve's.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    A bunch. The latest was a pretty big surprise, a Henry 8x8, being pushed by an Alembic pre and a nice power amp. My Brubaker set that puppy into a fit at medium volume. My Edens never did but I got the same result with some (not all) Goliaths.

I still haven't had my hands on the Accugrooves or Bergies. The Epifanis were fine, even the 1-12.

13. Wow, I was suprised to see this post revived.
    Joker, confirmed. I used my rig on all tests. I use a Mesa 400+. My HT212 does not fart at all. The 322 did on the drop D tuning only slightly, but I don't accept any over extension with my equiptment. I can tell you the Bergs need some juice to make them sing. I have had to crank up my volume more than any other cab I've used. The 212 is a sweet sounding cab. Lot's of punch and smooooooth lows. I have had to experiment with hearing myself better on stage though. The comments from the audience are all positive which is what count anyway.

14. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
  15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well- i need a cab (or 2) ASAP!
    Jim Bergantino seems like a person id wanna deal with- on th other hand, i keep hearing kudos for epifani- but in Vegas , nobody has them ( unless i become a dealer) - man, decisions!!!

16. Adrienne,
    I had a Epiphani 212 for about a week and took it back. It was very nice, but way to "airy" for me. The Berg 212 has everything, I just got to find my nitch with it on stage is all. The Berg has got the punch and beautiful low etc. I don't know what you need but don't listen to anybody and try them yourself. If you can't do that make a deal to buy and try and return or I wouldn't buy it. JMHO

17. Sorry I spelled your name wrong..

18. Hey Boogiebass.
    If I'm not mistaken you have a Mesa 400+ that you drive your Epi 212 with. What are your settings? I'm having just a little problem cutting mix with my new Berg 212. I know they are similar but I can't find anybody with a Mesa 400+ driving a 212. I'll figure it out, but I still like to hear from others with similar equipment. Thanks if you see this. I did send you a private email, but I'm not sure if you saw it or I did it right...

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i just ordered the Bergantino 322 - it seemed to offer the best of the worlds- theres a 12 there for the lo end and 2 1o's for the fast attact and punch i need for slap- i have consulted with Jim and iive benn promised " i wont regret it" by a friend whos tried everything and loves the Bergies-
    now i gotta go find a nice , beefy power amp- anybody wanna buy a GK 1001 rb/210? it gets here in 2 days ( ouch, UPS!!) cant wait to hear it!- peace!- Adrian
    (hope it doesnt fart!:eek: )

20. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i use a QSC PLX 2402 with my Bergie.

in my last metal/jazz band, i bridged to mono...2400watts!

headroom!

f